Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:30 am 

Our Ross Williams is PreZident of the U.S. Black Pearl Registry (might not be the actual name ~ I forget) and you can rest assured he spreads this happy newz to all BPR members nationwide. In fact, most of our Club's BP owners learned about the CTZCC thru Ross' joint association with both clubs.

Any of you non-BP owners who are looking for a solid investment, pleaZe consider this: if you own an unused BP stripe kit at the right time, you can pretty much name your price for it when it's needed. Let's say you bought a set (or two) of these stripes today at $400 each and laid them up someplace safe. A few months or a year from now, some unfortunate BP owner gets damaged by a clumsy driver at a car show, or a kid on a skateboard or bicycle, or by somebody's unwelcome dog. The offender's insurance (or parents, or dog owner) will pay for repairing the damage, but in the case of a BP, there's simply no place to buy a stripe kit to complete the car. The BP owner is left driving a 'naked' BP until someone like MHE280Z comes along with an offer like this. This one took 5 years since the last offering.

So, if you're the owner of a damaged BP which has to be repaired and repainted, you also need it to be re-striped. Since the insurance company will pay for all repair, it doesn't matter what the stripe kit costs at that moment, as long as the BP owner can locate it.

You could charge $600 for your $400 kit and rest assured nobody would hesitate to pay that. If you don't mind scalping an insurance company, you could ask $1,000 and probably get it. I've held an unused set in my hands which was valued in excess of that amount.

I would expect a few of these $400 kits to pop up on eBay in the near future, with a heftier price tag than what MHE is asking. You're not really taking advantage of a Z brother, since it would be the offending party's insurance company which would pay to repair the damage, and if some bozo brought his unwelcome dog to a classic car show, (s)he deserves to pay a lot for the damage his dog caused.

Owning one of these kits at the right time is answering the call of supply and demand.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:46 am 

Glad to hear that Frank.

And yea, I'm sure these will be an easy flip for someone at some point in the coming years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm 

Thanks, Yes I have posted it on a couple of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:37 pm 

Thanks, Yes I have posted it on a couple of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:38 pm 

Thanks, yes I have posted to a couple of others.