Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:54 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 am 

I'm clear on 1Jun too. This would be a fun trip. I can scare up some old pictures of us rummaging around in Chicks' playground later today. I have a good time when I visit Chick's. Dress is, uhhh, 'casual', guys, with boots.

We might even find some thermostat housing screws on the lone 260 there if we're lucky. And it might be neighborly for us to take a list of other bits our members need, if they can't make it themselves.

Chick's is a bit pricey, even if we take the parts off ourselves. If we need really big items (differentials/driveshafts/gearboxes), they can forklift the car out of the lot and into the garage, where they put it up on a lift and remove the item themselves. That costs more, but you never even get your hands dirty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:22 am 
Site Admin

OK, June 1 works for Frank, but it's no better for Filipe...does anyone have a preference between May 25th and June 1st? Adam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:45 pm 

Yeah I think June 1 is best for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm 

PreZident Jim, should we move this thread to Upcoming Events forum? More people would realiZe it was a gathering if we put it there, I think?

FT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

Frank T wrote:
PreZident Jim, should we move this thread to Upcoming Events forum? More people would realiZe it was a gathering if we put it there, I think?

FT

I think that's a good idea, but I'd like for the people in this thread to resolve a date beforehand...once that's done, we can post it as an Upcoming Event with a definite date and time.

I (and I assume Frank) are indifferent as between May 25th and June 1st. Adam prefers June 1st. Anyone else like to speak up before we firm up the date? Kevinr? ZjustinZ?

UPDATE: I checked the thread about our visit in 2009...acccording to some of the posts, Chicks is CLOSED ON WEEKENDS...if still true, then we need to start over and plan for a weekday!

- Jim

Post subject: Dates for Junkyard
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:54 pm 

I can only do the 25th. If majority can go 6/1, I'll just wait for next year.

Post subject: Weekdays
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm 

Jim, forgot to read the weekday schedule , just post some weekday options. I'll take off work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:07 pm 

If it's on a weekend count me in. If it has to be a weekday I might be able to make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:22 pm 

As I recall, there was some discussion about us being in there on a weekend :roll: :oops: But he said we should call in advance if we want to come out on a Saturday. I will try to contact him tmrw and ask if he still honors that.

Yes Jim, I'm indifferent on those two dates, except that us retired guys would have more money to spend on the first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:39 am 
Site Admin

Frank T wrote:
As I recall, there was some discussion about us being in there on a weekend :roll: :oops: But he said we should call in advance if we want to come out on a Saturday. I will try to contact him tmrw and ask if he still honors that.

Yes Jim, I'm indifferent on those two dates, except that us retired guys would have more money to spend on the first.

Sounds like a plan! If Chicks is open (or will open for us) on Saturday June 1st, let's do it then. If not, let's start figuring a weekday...which would be better: a late morning on a Friday or, at the other extreme, an afternoon on a Monday? I think we should avoid a Friday afternoon or else it might be a LONG drive home for those heading home towards Hartford and Mass.

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:11 am 

I spoke with Tony (owner) and he says they're open on Saturdays UNTIL 11AM. That's why we got caught last time. So we have to get there before then and be gone by then if we use Saturdays.

FT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 7:41 pm 
Site Admin

Frank T wrote:
I spoke with Tony (owner) and he says they're open on Saturdays UNTIL 11AM. That's why we got caught last time. So we have to get there before then and be gone by then if we use Saturdays.

FT

So we'd have to get there by 8am or so in order to have enough time to leisurely make our way through the lot? That would mean that most of us would have to be on our wayy before 7am...not a problem for me, but it might be for others. Perhaps it makes more sense to plan for a weekday. Frank: do you happen to know their weekday hours?

- Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:13 pm 

Sorry Jim ~ stuck in Canada. Will call them when I get home, or someone down there can call?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:42 pm 

OK, so what happened to this?

Tmrw morning is 01Jun and if we planned a trip, I missed it. Chick's is only open until noon on Sat so I don't think there's enough time now to muster everybody together?

Should we shoot for a weekday? The weekend is supposed to be 92* anyway; not too good for climbing over hot steel in the open sun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:48 pm 

Wow, Im looking for some Z parts and was thinking about switching to the 2 inch jaguar SU's. If nothing has been arranged I will be watching this thread closely!