Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:13 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:47 pm 

haha my car currently baffles people who know *almost* everything about 84-86Zs. "Trim tells me its a turbo....but these lights don't..." :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:43 am 

I have a few sets of first gen, I think one set of second gen, and one turbo bar that I think has stress cracks, but still looks good. I thought the smoked lenses came out after 84. :? If you came out here and gave me $25 for a package deal, I'll send you home with an extra pair of T-tops. You never know, I have had these crack in mysterious ways. Might have some bags as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:09 am 

Paul, put me down for a package deal for $25. I get out of school in the third week of April. I'll have to change the timing belt/waterpump/odds and ends, and then I can get out to RI. Please do save them. :D

And you are correct, the smoked turbo lights did come after 84. Save 'em for Justin's Z. if you have multiple 84s by the time I get there, I might get an extra set and try to paint them. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:20 pm 

I am off that week to. I will be going to NY city that week as long as Clive is home, and could drop them off, or meet somewhere in CT. Lets plan this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:25 pm 

GASP! That would be excellent! Not that I don't want to go for a joyride out to RI..but my TB needs changing and I don't want to rush it the first time I do it. PM in the works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:48 am 

Yea, dont rush that job. I hope you are replacing the water pump with it. I think I have ordered that set from Rock Auto. It was a Gates Belt with an Aisin water pump. 2 very good brands to use. I will have my Aisin water pump for my truck tomorrow. Also good idea to replace idler/tension bearing on a car this old. Seals would be good idea too. Even tho you have it on the timing marks, always hilight them with white out. Also, have a good look at the radiator while your there. If shabby, start PB blasting all the bumper bolts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:17 am 

Thanks Paul. Will definitely be switching out the pump, along with a few other things. I'll post it when I tackle it, hopefully some of you will be able to reach out and spare me some head banging moments. This is far out of my league, so I'll be doing a lot of reading/question asking before I get going.