Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:43 pm 

I am searching for a set of center wheel caps for the 4 spoke aluminum wheels that were found on many of the late 70's Z. They have a blue background with the Z logo. I am rebuilding my '78 Black Pearl.

Post subject: Center caps
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:37 pm 

There are a set on ebay right now 6/15/12( Not Mine) They are mis posted as 280ZX center caps starting bid is$59 for 4 They are not perfect but better than nothing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:34 pm 

Thanks, I will take a look at those.

Post subject: Center caps
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:32 pm 

Just saw they sold on ebay Did you get them ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:02 pm 

No but only because I bought 4 brand new, still in the factory boxes, four spoke wheels on Ebay. The guy found them under a workbench at an estate auction in NJ. He also bought two other boxes of "stuff". I asked him to let me know if he found anything else for Z's like center caps and he found two brand new blue background center caps in a box. So now I just need two more! Kind of unbeliveable but that's the way it seems to go in chasing down these parts. Thanks so much for letting me know about those on Ebay though and for following up! Mark

Post subject: Wheels
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:53 pm 

I was wondering who bought those new in the box Black pearl wheels!!.
I have seen those wheels climb in value lately Another set of reconditioned ones sold this week on Ebay for $700
When they came new from Nissan they came with the center caps and a set of Lug nuts as well as a new valve stem in the box .
Be sure to use the correct Lug nuts They are almost identical to the Later ZX alloy wheel lug nuts that Nissan used on Every 280Zx Alloy wheel but with a slightly thicker washer , If you need a picture let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:39 pm 

Ok thanks. He did say he had one set of the lugs he would send me too but I will check the washers out. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:03 pm 

What do you plan to do to bring up the fourth wheel up to the level of the other three pristine ones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:35 pm 

Well, I have a local wheel guy that is very good that I thought I would show it to and see if he can remove the clear coat and recoat it. He uses a two step clear coat that does a real nice job. Any other ideas that you have tried by any chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:44 am 

Have you gotten the wheels yet in your possession ? I have done Zcar wheel restoration Both the" Wood " steering wheels on the early 240s and the Aluminum Road wheels ( I did a demonstration for the CT Z club at one of the meetings in Darian a few years ago ) including Sets of the Black Pearl wheels like you bought and the Six spoke ZX wheels and the Swastica Turbo ZX wheels I also do the 300Zx 50A/E wheels . After seeing the rise in the value of these wheels i am just finishing up a set of fully redone BP wheels .
They would have to strip the clear and also repaint the relief area . Are the ones you bought a silver/Grey color in the reliefs or a semi gloss black color?? I have seen both .