Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: 1975-1978 280z or a Z31
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm 

Hi guys,

I'm giving this another shot...Maybe someone who didn't see it the first time will see it now.

I was looking at a z31 from early February to mid April. The owner and I were in constant contact, and a couple of days before I went home from college, she sold it as a "quick sale". It turns out it was in worse condition than she had originally advertised anyway, so no big loss there, except all the time researching Z31s. But hey, knowledge is power.

Soon after, being the automotive novice that I am, I was recommended to check out the 280z. I love the body style of the 240z and the 280z isn't much different. So naturally I began to appreciate the 280z...fuel injectors are a big plus for me.

That being said, I've hit 4-5 dead ends during my searches, so I'm turning to you guys....

In the ideal world, my car would be a:

77 or 78 Datsun 280z. 5 speed manual with the I6 still in it.
As long as nothing is rotted/rusted through, I'm going to at least consider it.
Under 100,000 miles would be nice, but its still doable if there are more.

I WILL LOOK AT ANY year 75-78 280z. I'm taking a "NO stone unturned" approach here guys.

I'd also "settle" for a Z31.

IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A VEHICLE IN CT OR MA OR RI OR NJ, OR EVEN NY, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Someone out there has to have a half started project, I'll be glad to take it off their hands for the right $$

You guys here at the CTZCC have something very special, and I kinda sorta REALLY want in on it.

Thanks for the help!

Filipe

Last edited by Filipe on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:00 am 

Poor Filipe ~ he's been bitten hard by the Z bug and there's no known cure....

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6587

This is by far the best 280 I personally know of. It's a 4 speed and you want a 5 spd. It's a million dollars and you only have half that.

I think, before you put money on any other car, you should at least arrange to zee this one. Our member Joe P has pampered this car since he got it (except when there's something stirring playing on the radio :twisted: ) and the car looked NEW the last time I saw it.

Maybe you guyz should have a cup of coffee together.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 am 

Frank T wrote:
Poor Filipe ~ he's been bitten hard by the Z bug and there's no known cure....

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=6587

This is by far the best 280 I personally know of. It's a 4 speed and you want a 5 spd. It's a million dollars and you only have half that.

I think, before you put money on any other car, you should at least arrange to zee this one. Our member Joe P has pampered this car since he got it (except when there's something stirring playing on the radio :twisted: ) and the car looked NEW the last time I saw it.

Maybe you guyz should have a cup of coffee together.

Frank

Thanks Frank. I appreciate all you have done to help me out with my quest. Heck, I would drive Joe's car even if it was a 3 speed!

I didn't want to disrespect Joe because I know he is looking for a price that I can't meet. I'm in college, and by even thinking of owning a car like that, my parents would kick me to the dog house.

...On second thought, they would tell me to build one first, THEN go live in the dog house.

Joe's car advertisement keeps coming up on many of the sites that I check daily for new listings. I get excited when I see "280z, CT"..then I see this mountain of glory, and I get "re-grounded".

I'll try to figure out where he's located, and see if we can set something up. I'm not here to waist anyone's time, but if you are willing to talk about Zs, I'm all ears!

I've come across this one too:

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=5839

but this too is a financial burden I can't tackle at this point in life.

Last edited by Filipe on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:16 pm 

No luck with Steve, but I don't blame him.

Back to the search boxes

Post subject: 280 ZX for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:09 pm 

Hi Filipe, I noticed your message fom the summer looking for a Z car. This may not be perfect for you but if you are still looking I have a 1983 280 ZX, 5 spd., T-tops, 90,000 original miles and the car is stock except for a new clutch about 20,000 miles ago. This car is still registered and insured, driven weekly, but it's getting to that time of year where I would put it in storage. My right hip is shot so my days of spending more than a couplee starter is going. of hours behind the wheel are gone now. I would love to see this vehicle go to a member of the club. I'm asking $4,000.00 for the car as is, it needs some body work and I think the starter needs to be replaced soon. Overall the car is an 8 out of 10, it just needs someone willing to give it some TLC. If you are interested please call me at 860-675-7733 in Farmington, Ct., and we can talk, thanks much, Peter.

Post subject: 280 ZX for Sale
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:12 pm 

Hi Filipe, I noticed your message fom the summer looking for a Z car. This may not be perfect for you but if you are still looking I have a 1983 280 ZX, 5 spd., T-tops, 90,000 original miles and the car is stock except for a new clutch about 20,000 miles ago. This car is still registered and insured, driven weekly, but it's getting to that time of year where I would put it in storage. My right hip is shot so my days of spending more than a couplee starter is going. of hours behind the wheel are gone now. I would love to see this vehicle go to a member of the club. I'm asking $4,000.00 for the car as is, it needs some body work and I think the starter needs to be replaced soon. Overall the car is an 8 out of 10, it just needs someone willing to give it some TLC. If you are interested please call me at 860-675-7733 in Farmington, Ct., and we can talk, thanks much, Peter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:10 pm 

I'm going to have to skip for now, I'm not really looking for a 280zx. Thanks though.