Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:19 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:31 pm 

An urgent need exists for a 260 or 280Z proportioning valve ~ ASAP.

Call Vinny Bedini @ (860) three-five-five.1829.

This is dated Thurs/29July. Desperate need.

Thanks
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:29 am 

This will be from a 1975, 76, 77 or 78 Z car.

It's the valve under the master brake cylinder. It also contains the brake light switch.

Somebody please help. Call Vinny @ 860-355-1829.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:58 am 

Hi Everyone!! As the title says, I have a PV, off of my 75' 280, that is dead in the water! So it is in shipping, as I write..... Too much damage to repair after the fr. lft. tire fell off!!!Gotta tighten those lugs.
So, I'm taking off all off the good parts from the 75' and putting them into the 76' I recently picked-up.
It is originally from Nevada, so the PO says? He delivered it to me on a trailer, and I think he loaded it with a forklift!! When it got to my location, it took 6 of us to coerce it off....had to use 4 floor jacks and much persuasion to get it on the ground.
I bought it w/out driving it, because the frame rails and the body were straight, and my parts I have were gonna fit.....The rims were wire spokes, but they are missing, making them look like roman chariot wheels!. I'll put the hood from my 75' on which has the louvers and my perfect condition rear bumper. 8)
All the brakes were frozen, so had to exchange and refurb them to get them to roll. I changed the dash, the seats, rims, clutch slave and master, brake master. The rear wheels had 2 different backing plates, so took off the right hub off of the 75' to match the left on the 76', and changed the wheel cylinder to match it, and finally put on that polished valve cover, given to me by Frank T....It's got a white interior, that is pretty good, just needs a good cleaning....TY, Frank.

BG!!

Attachments:
securedownload2.jpg
securedownload2.jpg [ 149.82 KiB | Viewed 3623 times ]
bellinghamMark76.jpg
bellinghamMark76.jpg [ 15.17 KiB | Viewed 3623 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:19 am 

Hey Gar. Save those bumper ends if any good, and the rear shock towers, and those little clips that hold the brake lines to the firewall, and other little clips and grommets. Just a few things I can think of. As far as the PV, just cut the lines and take out the bolt, make it easy for you. I think he has one already, so waitin for the word. Talk to ya soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:04 am 

No, he doesn't have one yet. He's waiting for Gary's to arrive. Just spoke to him.

This thread can now rest ~ a proportioning valve has been located. Thanks to all, especially Gary W.

Post subject: hey guys n gals....
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:41 pm 

No thank u's needed Frank :P happy to help out a fellow Z'er!! Should be in his hand on Mon.!!
I DO paul!! The bumper ends were torn, so they're GONE! Got a coffee jar with all kinds of nuts n bolts n clips n spare parts on one wall in my bedroom. Not as much stuff as you though! I live in an apt. building. Not fun having NO garage.
I'm wanting to know if anyone has a "nice black carpet kit for the 76z'? For not alot of money.... please?
Here r some pics. of my progress so far. My interior is NON existant....
carpet is torn in both dr. n pass. sides.
I'm using my 75' parts to refurbish the 76'. New bumper is ON yet another Z! Same with rims. Most of the rust is surface, and can be fixed easily....... 8)

BG! n NEW Prowler!

Attachments:
New Image.JPG
New Image.JPG [ 162.16 KiB | Viewed 3580 times ]
New Image2.JPG
New Image2.JPG [ 158.09 KiB | Viewed 3580 times ]
New Image4.JPG
New Image4.JPG [ 202.69 KiB | Viewed 3580 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:51 pm 

HEY ~ those are the wheels from your old car! :shock:

Post subject: yup.........
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:22 pm 

how goes it Frank? Yup using alot of my 75' parts in the 76'!! All my Z's (5) in the last 13 yrs. have been Frankensteins......gotta love those interchangeable parts!!! N thanxzz for the polished valve cover, Frank.
my 86 300zx, has 223,000 miles on it, and still runs like a top!!! Has an electrical problem in the dashboard. The oil pressure guage and volts gauge used to work, but now don't and the speedo I swapped out, does still not work properly. the needle goes all the way around and gets buried? Anyone have any ideas as to why the guages don't work? I heard somewhere that there is a lack of electricity going to the dash? Or maybe the speed sensor at the tranny? any help will be truly appreciated! :P TY.

Gary BG!!