Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:28 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:20 pm 

As you know, we have a German and a Finn who imported 240Zs and are nobly doing their best to maintain them in their home lands. Now we have heard from yet another Finn (KingofApes) who lives in France and wants one, too. We can help him with this, even if it's only free advice.

King, do you know what year or model you prefer?

Frank T

Post subject: 260z for sale
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:03 pm 

hey king, i have a early 260z that i have owned for 16 years and has 75,000 original miles. clean car, not perfect, but in good condition. it is a matching number car, not restored, but repaired and improved as needed thru the years. the car is automatic, but i am including a 4 speed, fly wheel and pedal assembly to start your conversion. that rest of the parts needed will cost 200.00. the lowest i will go on the price is 6500.00. it also comes with the stock wheels and wheel covers and the stock carb setup and the stock exhaust manifold, just in case you wanted to restore it back to stock. see pics in member rides under mikes 260z. orange with black interior.i am in poughkeepsie ,ny, if you want to get a quote on shipping home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:03 pm 

We have all seen this car many times and it's an eye-catcher. If Mike sells this beauty, I hope it stays in the Club.

Hey! Maybe we can make it part of the deal, Mike ~ whoever you sell it to has to join the CTZCC! :D

Post subject: Re: 260z for sale
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 am 

michael engelhardt wrote:
hey king, i have a early 260z that i have owned for 16 years and has 75,000 original miles. clean car, not perfect, but in good condition. it is a matching number car, not restored, but repaired and improved as needed thru the years. the car is automatic, but i am including a 4 speed, fly wheel and pedal assembly to start your conversion. that rest of the parts needed will cost 200.00. the lowest i will go on the price is 6500.00. it also comes with the stock wheels and wheel covers and the stock carb setup and the stock exhaust manifold, just in case you wanted to restore it back to stock. see pics in member rides under mikes 260z. orange with black interior.i am in poughkeepsie ,ny, if you want to get a quote on shipping home.

Hi, that looks like an awesome z to me! very very nice. This really is quite tempting. Any more info you could give, additional pics of body, engine, interior would be appreciated. What's your current carb setup? Header, exhaust? Is the engine otherwise stock? suspension, bushes are they stock? I'm just interested, if they stock, good, if not good also. The car must have been repainted at some point? Is it original color? nice in any case, I like it.

to answer Frank's questions as to what are my preferences. Well, I'm not all that picky about the year at the moment. I always wanted a 240z but am more than happy to buy a nice 260 2-seater. Even a good 280 especially if it has the smaller 240 or 260 bumpers. There are small details that look nicer on the earlier cars and the reason I prefer them - apart from the fact that they're lighter than the later cars. But it's something I'd consider case by case.

color. basically I prefer original colors, a car with some clearly non original big flake show paint kind of turns me off, and in those cases if the car is very good otherwise, I'd consider. I love the Zs in White, 920 Gold (yes the mustard! i know I'm crazy.. matte black bonnet, ZG fender flares and wide watanabes on those. oh yes please..) Orange. I don't mind silver, racing green, red, black. In terms of color it's not really make or break, just that repaint is expensive so if I find a nice color one, it's a good thing.

body mods: I try to avoid any integrated aerokits, body shapes that are not original and have been either welded or otherwise integrated to the body and are therefore difficult to remove. The spoilers you have on your 260 Michael are perfect, they are the ones I would definitely have anyway. Those are the aeroparts that really compliment the Z.

Interior Black. Red or Beige depending on the overall car condition and price. Modern seats or custom trim not my thing. I'd convert them back to original and that would take money so I prefer an original even if it's a little worn.

Manual box, if I find a good automatic the price has to reflect that ie leave me some budget to do the conversion. Would not keep it automatic for long.
In case of your 260, Michael no problem as you have most of the manual parts for the car.

I was going to bid on a really nice all original white 260z on ebay, it was a beauty and the seller sent me loads of pics and even a vid (because I asked for it) of the engine running and her revving it it was smooth as J.Lo's bottom, no smoke and responded to the throttle really sharply. but she ended up taking the ad off and selling it to someone for 5000. I was prepared to pay 5500, 'coz it was so clean. I have a soft spot for cars that are very original, even if the paint is a little faded etc. Buying a newly painted car without being able to see it in person is always a bit daunting as you never know what's been covered by the paint.

In terms of the price, it depends on the shipping cost, but based on what I found so far, I feel 5500 is sort of max. BUT, since you Michael are on the east coast, it might be a little cheaper to ship, so we might be in the same ballpark. I may be able to squeeze out that extra 1000 if I manage to be very nice to my wife, and I definitely prefer to buy from someone in a club like this rather than on ebay where you never know who you're dealing with. I'm a Zee freak who has all the brochures, jackets, posters, loads of old vintage z toys and a persistent childhood dream but has never gotten around to even drive one of these yet. So if I bought a Z from this club, I know you guys might feel sad losing one of the beauties to another continent, but I would assure you the car would get a very good, loving home.. ;) And I WILL join the club.

Michael if you can, please send me more info about your car and others who have zs for sale let me know ;)

EDIT: in terms of body mods, I DO like zg flares and if someone has a car with them, that's more than fine. so they're not one of those unwanted body mods.

Last edited by kingofapes on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:10 am 

[quote="kingofapes"]Is the engine otherwise stock? suspension, bushes are they stock? I'm just interested, if they stock, good, if not good also. The car must have been repainted at some point? Is it original color? nice in any case, I like it. I always wanted a 240z but am more than happy to buy a nice 260 2-seater. Even a good 280 especially if it has the smaller 240 or 260 bumpers. There are small details that look nicer on the earlier cars and the reason I prefer them - color. basically I prefer original colors, I love the Zs in White, 920 Gold (yes the mustard!

body mods: I try to avoid any integrated aerokits, body shapes that are not original

Interior Black. Red or Beige depending on the overall car condition and price. Modern seats or custom trim not my thing. I'd convert them back to original and that would take money so I prefer an original even if it's a little worn.

Manual box, if I find a good automatic the price has to reflect that ie leave me some budget to do the conversion.

it was smooth as J.Lo's bottom, but she ended up taking the ad off and selling it to someone for 5000. I was prepared to pay 5500, 'coz it was so clean. I have a soft spot for cars that are very original,

I'm a Zee freak who has all the brochures, jackets, posters, loads of old vintage z toys and a persistent childhood dream So if I bought a Z from this club, I know you guys might feel sad losing one of the beauties to another continent, but I would assure you the car would get a very good, loving home.. ;) And I WILL join the club.

Hey, King, Rick here!--
Are you sure you don't live somewhere here in the States? :shock: --
your English (American) grammar is better than mine. :oops: Come
on, admit it! It will save you thousands in transportation costs. :lol:

We haven't even met yet (other than on this Site) and I love you like a
brother already, we think so much alike. Stock, original, manual: those
are common words in my vocabulary, too. Brochures, jackets, posters,
literature, toys: yeah, that's me, too. Zee freak? If I had a dollar (or
a euro) for every time I was called that, I would buy Jim Frederick's
entire collection for cash, and then clean out Carl Beck's garage with
what was left.

Smooth as J.Lo's bottom!-- You noticed that, too! ALRIGHT!!!!!!! :wink:
See, she took the ad off of eBay because you were too focused on her
bottom. That's okay, a guy has to prioritize. There will ALWAYZ be
another Z. Give Mike's 260 a hard look; it is one of the cleanest I have
ever seen in my 40 years of enjoying Z's (except for the fingerprints and
drool marks I get on it every time I get near it). If we didn't have what
we have already, I would probably go for it myself!

All Z Best,.....................................Kathy & Rick

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:49 am 

Kathy & Rick wrote:
Hey, King, Rick here!--
Are you sure you don't live somewhere here in the States? :shock: --
your English (American) grammar is better than mine. :oops: Come
on, admit it! It will save you thousands in transportation costs. :lol:

We haven't even met yet (other than on this Site) and I love you like a
brother already, we think so much alike. Stock, original, manual: those
are common words in my vocabulary, too. Brochures, jackets, posters,
literature, toys: yeah, that's me, too. Zee freak? If I had a dollar (or
a euro) for every time I was called that, I would buy Jim Frederick's
entire collection for cash, and then clean out Carl Beck's garage with
what was left.

Smooth as J.Lo's bottom!-- You noticed that, too! ALRIGHT!!!!!!! :wink:
See, she took the ad off of eBay because you were too focused on her
bottom. That's okay, a guy has to prioritize. There will ALWAYZ be
another Z. Give Mike's 260 a hard look; it is one of the cleanest I have
ever seen in my 40 years of enjoying Z's (except for the fingerprints and
drool marks I get on it every time I get near it). If we didn't have what
we have already, I would probably go for it myself!

All Z Best,.....................................Kathy & Rick

Hi Rick! it's funny people started to call me King. :) Lol well I'm not one, but it feels nice to be called that anyway. my sig comes from the only datsun I currently own, a 1976 2 door cherry (called 100A in europe) which in Finland was often referred to as "Ape Datsun" for various reasons I guess (it being funky little funny car with an A in itse name that gave it a loads of nicknames such as Sata Amppeeri (a hundred ampere) etc.

Thanks for the compliments on my english. I'm pretty sure I'm not in the States although that would really save me a loads of money. always. not only when buying zees. I noticed you did some pretty tasty Italian on the other thread. Any Italian ancestors perhaps? I live just a stone's throw away from the Italian boarder, have often spent several months in Italy for my work, know many Italians, like many Italians, love the country, the food, the people. Such a great place. Not that France is bad, I love this place too. And these surroundings definitely need more zees around. The alpine roads, just half an hour away are the perfect scenery to drive a nice Z. Wind up the staggering Col de Turini, stop for an expresso in the heat of a summer afternoon, a bit of proper italian ice-cream and back on the road again. Doesn't get much better than that I'm sure.

As for being a zee freak, I may not be as virtually rich as you are (don't know if I give a little advantage to you in terms of the age..? please don't take this as an offense, I say this with a lot of respect but based on what I've read I think you might have a little longer career as a zee freak.. :) the 260 I was trying to bid on was built the same year I was born just to give you an idea)
but I think I'll soon be fired if I don't start hiding my Z -enthusiasm in the workplace (I kinda work for a competitor.. :)

And yes, I do feel the brotherhood from what I gather reading your posts, and so many other posts on this forum in general. I do respect anyone who's into z-cars, and have just that little extra love for those who appreciate the beauty of the original design. I'm one that always wants his Datsuns in 2s: one completely stock, original to the point of keeping the faded original paint as much as possible. And then another one looking like original but where I allow mainly period style accessories like the zg flares, original spoilers, and good tasty engine improvements. the same goes for the suspension. If a good car with some more modern techical bits comes around, I wouldn't spit at it, it all depends on the big picture, the price and the feel.

by the way, I didn't notice the seller's bottom.. you probably got that anyway.. lol and I surely am educated enough NOT TO MENTION J.Lo's bottom to a nice lady who's selling a Z..
8) But sometimes, I can't avoid making the connection. Smooth is smooth you know.

Yes Mike's 260 definitely got my attention. As soon as the Easter holidays are over I'll get in touch with some shipping companies to get quotes and see where I can get. I did instantly feel like that's my kinda car, and I'm eagerly waiting for some more information. And I'm not messing around to waste his or my time, it all depends on many things but initially it seems very promising. take care!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 am 

It's the Hamster Car! !00A Cherry Coupe!

Attachments:
Datsun_Cherry_Coupe_1975.jpg
Datsun_Cherry_Coupe_1975.jpg [ 269.99 KiB | Viewed 4512 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:10 am 

Frank T wrote:

yes! the one I have is a sedan, but this coupe is really funky too. on my shopping list as well. (don't tell my wife yet)

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm 

Eagerly waiting for more info from Mike.. ;) If anyone is in touch with him, poke him for me plz.. but just a little.. :)
or has the club managed to turn his head to keep the car in the continent..?
I couldn't blame you guys if that's the case, nobody wants to part with a car like that! ok, I know I'm being impatient.. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:24 pm 

kingofapes wrote:
Frank T wrote:

yes! the one I have is a sedan, but this coupe is really funky too. on my shopping list as well. (don't tell my wife yet) :lol:

I'M TELLING YOU GUYS, YOU CAN CALL IT A "CHERRY," I CALL IT AN
F-10 HATCHBACK (model KPLF-10, 1977, I sold them. I owned one.)
Just a little difference in the aft end of the roofline. A front wheel drive
sidewinder, with an A-14 engine mounted transversely. Hardest car in
the world to find 5th gear in. :roll:

Good guess, King, I still do have relatives in Italy, though I have never
been there myself. But some year....... :!: :!: :!: We have family in
Cremona in the North (not too far from where you are talking about)
and in Crotone di Calabria down in the toe of the boot. As you must
know, the Calabrese say that Calabria is the toe of the boot that is
kicking Sicily in the patuti. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Age? What is age? It's only a number. Actually I just turned 68 in Dec,
feel mentally like I'm 40, and get even younger by hanging around these
great guys. :D And sometimes I act even younger than that. (Poor Kathy
has to put up with it all the time). Since I plan on being around till age
114, I've barely gotten started!!!! :lol:

All Z Best,..............................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

1969 Z.CAR (#00013 10/69) 8/30/76
1969 ITSA.Z (#00171 11/69) 8/24/73
1970 OLD.Z (#06289 6/70) original owner
1971 510 2dr since 12/31/75
1969 1600 rdstr (our 160-Z)
1971 (#19851 1/71) sold
1975 75.Z (#01343 1/75)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:12 am 

Kathy & Rick wrote:
kingofapes wrote:
Frank T wrote:

yes! the one I have is a sedan, but this coupe is really funky too. on my shopping list as well. (don't tell my wife yet) :lol:

I'M TELLING YOU GUYS, YOU CAN CALL IT A "CHERRY," I CALL IT AN
F-10 HATCHBACK (model KPLF-10, 1977, I sold them. I owned one.)
Just a little difference in the aft end of the roofline. A front wheel drive
sidewinder, with an A-14 engine mounted transversely. Hardest car in
the world to find 5th gear in. :roll:

Good guess, King, I still do have relatives in Italy, though I have never
been there myself. But some year....... :!: :!: :!: We have family in
Cremona in the North (not too far from where you are talking about)
and in Crotone di Calabria down in the toe of the boot. As you must
know, the Calabrese say that Calabria is the toe of the boot that is
kicking Sicily in the patuti. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Age? What is age? It's only a number. Actually I just turned 68 in Dec,
feel mentally like I'm 40, and get even younger by hanging around these
great guys. :D And sometimes I act even younger than that. (Poor Kathy
has to put up with it all the time). Since I plan on being around till age
114, I've barely gotten started!!!! :lol:

All Z Best,..............................Rick (and Kathy, of course)

basically cherry is ok since they were called cherry in japan. in europe they were 100 a coupe or 120a coupe depending on the engine. f10 logos may have been on the car in some markets and definitely on the 2nd generation, slighly bigger model that replaced the one above. Although I think they weren't F10 anymore but FII. I've seen some pretty awesome F10 hatchbacks in japan, there's something intriguing about this car.. :)

I knew it there must be a little italian in you from your response to my note on J.Lo's thing, which -by the way- was probably inappropriate and I apologize for sometimes saying things without thinking first. But my learning curve is still steep so there's hope..

I've never been to Cremona but it's about 3 hours drive from where I live. I haven't been to Calabria either but should go, everyone tells me it's really nice. Would be a nice trip to do on a Z.. and that may well happen perhaps already this summer.. ;)

if you ever go to Italy let me know, I'd definitely drive to Cremona to meet with you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 am 

King, aren't you very close to Monaco and Monte Carlo, too?

Do you ever get to zee the Formula-1 Monaco Grand Prix or the Monte Carlo Rallye?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:44 am 

Frank T wrote:
King, aren't you very close to Monaco and Monte Carlo, too?

Do you ever get to zee the Formula-1 Monaco Grand Prix or the Monte Carlo Rallye?

Frank

Yes, I'm roughly 30 miles from Monaco. I've been to the F1 GP a few times and the Rally every year I can. But I've missed the last few because I've been away. They're both spectacular, although not among the fastest events in their respective series. But the surroundings are great and that makes the atmosphere very unique.

btw, I've been drooling over all the nice Zs in your club on the galleries and at the same time admiring the beautiful scenery of Connecticut! I've been to the States twice, both times to NYC. On the second visit we rented a car with a friend and drove from NYC to somewhere around Bridgeport or New Haven so I must've been very close to where most of you guys are. It was -99, I can't remember exactly where we went, but must've been somewhere around Bridgeport or possibly a little further north. It was November and we were driving a Sebring Convertible top down of course. Our visit was quite short and we didn't have time to drive elsewhere but it was my first taste of America outside NYC and I loved it. Beautiful place, extremely nice people, very nice! And I saw a red 240 for sale in NYC, I still have a picture of it somewhere. If I find it I'll post it here, never know if someone in the club now owns the car now! :)