Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Bob Sharp oil filler cap
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:12 pm 

Given I cannot afford an original Bob Sharp valve cover does anyone just have the Bob Sharp oil filler cap?

Just picked up a Bob Sharp shifter knob for a reasonable price that is nice.

Also saw some prices on the Nissan dream poster and cannot justify the price for a piece of paper without autographs. Wow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:21 am 

Yeah, that stuff has become serious collector magnets.

Some years ago Bob Sharp Himself was building a demonstration clone of his old race car. He wanted one of his own Bob Sharp cam covers on it. It took nearly a year to find one, and then it was so expensive even HE didn't buy it.

I saw one cam cover offered for $6,000 years ago.
Who are they kidding? I drive some cars which don't cost that much.

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:21 pm 

Thanks for the info that Mr Sharp could not get one. You would think he would have one signed by Newman. If he cannot get one I surely cannot. You always have good info.

It’s more than I have spent on cars too including my roadster. Do like the shift knob I got off of eBay and it was not a bad price. Tried to post a picture of the car but I could not.

Just replaced the cam on my race car/street car project and it’s running good again. After market cam with a lot of lift wiped the cam lobes on the old one. Running less lift so likely less horsepower but more torque. Bob Sharp manifold and 4 barrel run well. Car came with a certrifugal supercharger that I plan to hook up again in the future with a Holley Sniper fuel injection to hopefully keep it running too lean or too rich.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:11 pm 

Now THAT sounds like an interesting project! Please keep us informed of your progress and problems; we learn a lot from other peoples' efforts :lol:

The 4Bbl carb manifold was one of the greatest performance boosters of the Z series. It slightly more than doubled the intake on the stock L engine. You were right to install a bumpier lift cam to handle the increased intake flow. Several of our members use that combination and their cars take off like scalded cats.

My own car runs a .490" lift / 290* duration Isky cam with good results. A little less fuel mileage but a satisfying slap in the back when I mash the Loud Pedal.

Tell us about that supercharger, please, and what kind of compression ratio you plan to run it with?

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:01 pm 

Using a cam with 540 lift 292 duration asymmetric. Which is a fair amount smaller than what was in there before!! Just took it out today. Runs nicely. Supercharger is a project for the future.