Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:17 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:10 pm 

I Need 1986 300zx Turbo Struts for the rear. So if you have any let me By Emil at dominique860@yahoo.com or phone AT 860-268-9239. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:31 pm 

We met Dominique at the Middletown June meeting, and I intended to introduce him to Paul Mackin but things got busy and, even tho they stood under the same tent and sat near each other in the conference room, I never did get around to making the introduction. Sorry :oops:

Replacing struts on a Z usually works best if you buy new units, rather than replacing old units with old units. You seldom know what condition the replacement struts are in; how many miles they have left on them, etc.

If you're looking to save some money and just want something which will be "OK" for normal transportation use and don't care how long they last, replacing bad struts with used struts might be OK for awhile.

Here's a contact for one parts source (new struts), just to give you an idea of the cost of new ones. Here they are about $30/$50 each:

http://www.partstrain.com/store/?Ntt=sh ... search.y=0

This is not an endorsement, and there are other sources which will be cheaper or costlier. This just gives you an idea while shopping.

Dominique, you and I have met somewhere before, and it's bothering me where and when that happened, but it's just not coming to me!

Frank