Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:28 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Clean ZX for sale in PA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:18 pm 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... tory_share

Had to share this here, maybe someone here is looking for a clean ZX at a reasonable price.
Nice looking ZX in Pennsylvania, has T-tops and a manual transmission. Black and Gold and appears to be in really great shape.

California car and rust free.

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:49 pm 

So, what are you waiting for? 8)

Just a year ago that price would have been about $3,000 too high. What with the Z-price insanity now, he will get this asking price.

New paint, new carpets and new seats could mean a flood car, a mudslide car, or a car left open in the barn as a target ship for pigeons and bats for 16 years.

In the past I have seen some which were marketed as Anniversary Editions or Black Pearls, when they actually were re-painted garden-variety street cars. "Originally" a California car doesn't tell me if it was moved to Louisianna before or after Katrina and Rita. Also, I distrust any car salesman who spells American English like a Brit or a Spaniard. Nothing racial, they just don't tend to share the same market values as Americans do.

All that being said, this 10th anniversary edition (if that's what it was originally) is being offered at precisely the correct market time to bring high bucks. I would like to check the VIN to ensure it wasn't a repainted 1978, disguised as an '80 for higher sales value.

If it was such a great car, why couldn't they sell it for that price locally? Everybody wants a Z today, and especially as the Post-Covid springtime arrives. There are some incredibly good deals occasionally (Howie stumbled into a great one by bind luck), but they are few and far between.

Forgive my skepticism.
Or not! :lol:

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:12 pm 

No, you make great points Frank. :thumbs_up:

What did Howie get???

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:53 pm 

Howie tripped and fell into the second-best Z deal I've ever heard of.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:05 pm 

Ok. So now I am wondering 2 things.

What did Howie get?

And what was the 1st best Z deal you've heard of?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:01 pm 

Howie got a pristine survivor ZX, perfect in every way, unexpectedly. it wins trophies each time he enters it in a car show.
He'll tell you the story.

The very best Z purchase story happened a few years ago. A guy found a Z for sale. The owner had died and the wife and daughter knew nothing about cars and were moving. Time was running out to get rid of the car, etc. They sold it for a fair price, considering it was in excellent condition and well cared-for. The guy had always wanted a Z so he bought that one.

It took him a while to get it insured and registered. When he could drive it legally he took it to the car wash to clean it up. While vacuuming the interior he discovered a hidden pile of cash well over the price he had paid for the car! He went back to where he had bought it, intending to return the money, but the family had moved away without a forwarding address. He made routine efforts to find them but they never turned up. He ended up with an excellent Z and a few thousand dollars more than he paid for it.

And I swear that's the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:51 am 

So he essentially GOT PAID to take the Z? Man, some people have it rough. :roll:

That's a great story.

Jay

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:55 am 

Yes, and it was enough left over to buy him two sets of tires and fuel for at least a year.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 6:29 am 

Almost, I was going to go down give the guy a down payment and pick it up in a couple weeks, and he disappeared on me.