Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:09 am 

Many of you have followed my tale this past winter on how I brought back to life this amazing 1978 280Z 2+2 after sitting in the original owner's garage since 1992. Well, life'e events, and a lack of space, have conspired to force me to sell this beauty. I'd love to see a true Z enthusiast get it. It is an awesome example!

A true garage find survivor! Parked in the original owners garage since 1992, obtained from his estate. 42,000 original miles, stock, no rust (really), an excellent time capsule car. Completely gone through and refreshed, everything works as it should. New tires, brakes, fuel pump, master cylinder, radiator refreshed, fuel and cooling systems flushed. Original numbers matching 2.8 liter I6 fuel injected engine with fresh valve job, 3 speed automatic transmission. 15" 280ZX turbo wheels. Rare color combo. Last year of the original S30 body style. Nice car! Asking $12,500 / all serious offers considered. Those with serious interest email me for more information and pics. zcarnut@hotmail.com

PS - If you don't like the automatic transmission, no fear, I can supply the parts to make it a stick! :wink:

Thanks,
John

Attachments:
2+2 A.jpg
2+2 A.jpg [ 405.19 KiB | Viewed 2550 times ]
2+2 B.jpg
2+2 B.jpg [ 231.47 KiB | Viewed 2550 times ]

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:41 am 

For goodness sake, don't make it a stick. That A/T is one of the strong selling points of the car, and probably the sole reaZon this beauty has survived 40 years unmolested. This is *THE* car Z-women dream of owning (or should dream of owning). The 1978 280s represent the ultimate refinement of the S30 series; everything good developed over 8 years of advancement went into those cars. It's a luxury cruiser, air conditioned, got power steering, parlor seats, premium sound system, got back seats for the kids, the dog or her Bridge club, rides softer and quieter than any other S30 made, is technically more aerodynamic (and comfortable) than the straight S30 body shell AND has the major advantage of being automatic. A true "automatic GT car". Any Z lady would love to "arrive" in that beauty, right behind (or ahead of) her husband's classic 240 ~ like towing your Cobra to the track behind your E-Type. 8)

Women love to drive or ride in cars which draw peoples' attention (women love attention). That's why convertibles sell so well; they showcase the women inside them. Women know any S30 Z car can make every man STOP and look at it, and if she's in the driver's seat, she's the one they all talk to about it. In short, the S30 is an Attention Magnet, and this car is custom-fitted for any Z mom to drive long distances in comfort and arrive cool and spectacular. It's the perfect car for mom to drive in local parades, too. Wave to the crowd, honey.

If I didn't have so many wives and cars already, I'd buy this one myself.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:32 pm 

She sure is a beauty John. Should sell quick I think.

Not for me though. One Z, like one wife is enough for me. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:56 pm 

johnnyZ wrote:
Not for me though. One Z, like one wife is enough for me. :roll:

Yea well apparently not so for Frank . . . . . . :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)