Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:07 pm 

Hey guys,

Just wanna start by saying, sorry for being pretty inactive on here. It's been difficult to keep all the forums I'm in up to date. I also want to say, this is the first place I've brought this news to! Unfortunately, I have to sell my Z. Long story short, I commute to college and my parents want me to get something I can drive throughout all 4 seasons and also not worry about putting miles on it. (If you thought I was gonna say more reliable, haha nothing has been more reliable than itself!) I also can't have two vehicles because my driveway and garage is filled; we have even resorted to parking on the lawn. So it would be best if I can find a new owner for it before school starts. Here it goes:

1984 Nissan/Datsun 300zx NA Automatic
Rebuilt Title
California Car
115k original miles
Paint code 210 with grey interior
T Tops
Analog Dash with Bitching Betty
Virtually rust free
All brake calipers, rotors and pads were replaced within the last year
KYB Gas-Adjust shocks installed 2 years ago
New headlights and all other bulbs replaced
Oil changed at 3500 miles religiously
Oil Pressure sending unit replaced about a year ago
All belts were changed 8 months ago when replacing CHTS
But the timing belt was changed at 90k by previous owner (I can confirm, looked brand new when installing new CHTS)
Tires replaced 1 year ago with plenty of tread left (will give accurate measurement soon) and aligned
Most vacuum lines replaced
TPS, air regulator, Maf, and other emission related controls replaced
Spark plugs replaced 6 months ago
New carpet kit installed 1 year ago
Headliner replaced 2 years ago
New cat back exhaust system with magnaflow stainless steel muffler with double tips installed 2 years ago
I've had the car on a lift multiple times and it is very clean underneath. I believe at one point the previous owner had the transmission serviced, looked super clean and I can assume they did at least a gasket replacement.

I'm sure theres more I'm forgetting and I'll probably organize that list better when I get the chance. Just know that this car was virtually all original when I purchased it, besides an aftermarket radio which works well. It does have a rebuilt title, I've never been able to figure out why as carfax does not have info for it. It was also previously repainted. I have the exact production date, the ship it was on, the dealership sent to, etc! Lots of books and I even have a pair of headlight covers from GTS which were NOS to throw in.

I've pretty much daily driven this car for 2 years, and it's literally never broken down on me. Arguably, this has been the most reliable car in the family. I've driven it all the way to Limerock and then put it straight on the track for parade laps and it was as if nothing happened. Just last week I drove to New Milford to put it as an extra in a movie and it was excellent. I love this car as if it were my child, but like every other kid with a cool car, I've reached a point in my life where it doesn't make sense anymore. I'm looking to find a buyer who will love it and drive it everywhere and keep in contact with me to send me occasional pictures :) I'm asking $5000 obo, feel free to contact me via Pm on here, or you can call/text me at 203-535-8706.

Some of these photos are old, mostly just uploading to give you an idea of my Z

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:05 pm 

:( This is sad news. We will always associate you with this car, and this car with you. We know what great care you took of it, how proud you are of it and how closely you kept your finger on its pulse for any tiny thing that didn't seem right. In short, we know you love your ZX.
I personally hope some Clubbie buys it and maintains it like you have, then sells it back to you when you graduate and get your first $500,000/yr job.
I would normally wish you good luck with this sale, but I really don't want to Zee you sell it. I'd rather build you a spare garage.

FrankT :cry:

Looks like a Smokey and the Bandit sequel.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:31 pm 

Frank T wrote:
:( This is sad news. We will always associate you with this car, and this car with you. We know what great care you took of it, how proud you are of it and how closely you kept your finger on its pulse for any tiny thing that didn't seem right. In short, we know you love your ZX.
I personally hope some Clubbie buys it and maintains it like you have, then sells it back to you when you graduate and get your first $500,000/yr job.
I would normally wish you good luck with this sale, but I really don't want to Zee you sell it. I'd rather build you a spare garage.

FrankT :cry:

Looks like a Smokey and the Bandit sequel.

Thanks Frank, that really means a lot to me!

I've thought about renting a little storage room to put the Z away for the winter, but I'd still have to buy something to daily and on top of that it'd be extra monthly payments during the holiday season. And I have to cut my hours for school. It just won't work.

It sucks but it's time. That's why I really want to sell it to a club member, so I know it's in (probably) better hands than my own and I'll see it every now and then :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:57 pm 

If you HAD to keep the car another 5yrs, what three things would you do to it as soon as you could afford to?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:43 pm 

If I had to keep it, I think the first three things I'd do are:

1. Remove the engine from the engine bay and clean everything out to a showroom shine as well as replace all gaskets, vac lines, etc.
2. Take everything down to bare metal and do a rotisserie resto to the body.
3. Invest in a top of the line detailing kit so I'll have everything I'll ever need to keep it looking brand new forever!

I'm sure that's probably not 3 things you expected but I decided a very long time ago that this car was not going to be built into a track car. If I wanted to build a track car it saves so much more money just to invest in a car that's already manual and turbocharged. So with my ownership it would stay as a nice cruiser.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:28 pm 

marissasimos wrote:
If I had to keep it, I think the first three things I'd do are:

1. Remove the engine from the engine bay and clean everything out to a showroom shine as well as replace all gaskets, vac lines, etc.
2. Take everything down to bare metal and do a rotisserie resto to the body.
3. Invest in a top of the line detailing kit so I'll have everything I'll ever need to keep it looking brand new forever!

I'm sure that's probably not 3 things you expected but I decided a very long time ago that this car was not going to be built into a track car. If I wanted to build a track car it saves so much more money just to invest in a car that's already manual and turbocharged. So with my ownership it would stay as a nice cruiser.

Those sound like prefect things to do to me. 8)
Sounds to me like you will own another of these when it better fits your situation. I was without a Z for more then 30 years while life happened. Now I have another and have never felt better about a decision to buy any other car, except for the original 260 I bought new in 74. :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:36 pm 

You are such a Gearhead!! :D
If I ever have to pick two people to be stranded with me on a deserted island, they will be MacGyver and you! :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:47 pm 

Again, price is negotiable. I'd much rather sell it to someone in the club for many reasons.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:22 am 

I think the Z is worth more than the stuff in the garage.....just saying. Or get one of those lift storage racks, put it up when not using it and park your new car underneath.............if there is a will there is a way. The price of Z's is going up, and when the S30's and the S130's are all bought out, next will be your Z31, and prices will go higher. Well you gota do what you gota do, and when you become successful, you can buy a brand new Z to go in your 5 car garage. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:58 am 

And Marissa, don't think that when you sell your car you can quit coming to meetings. This Club is not only for z OWNERS, it's for anyone who loves them. You still belong to us, and you can't quit a free Club. 8)
You're our Z-buddy for life.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:20 pm 

PRICE DROP: $4500 Obo!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:59 am 

So, I have a little bit of an update for you guys that I think you'll appreciate. Recently, and almost as if fate is playing a roll here, I found one of the previous owners for my car. It's really awesome that I finally have all this info cleared up and have a better understanding of my Z's life. I'll start with as far back as I know (and most of this beginning info I gathered through my own research)

1984: My Z is shipped to Los Angeles, and delivered at Universal City Nissan in North San Francisco. It is bought there, and then in 1994(?) takes an adventure up to Greenwich, Connecticut. Interestingly enough, it only had 20,000 miles when it arrived to Greenwich, and for the time it lived there it's mileage jumped to around 80,000.

Finally, in 2007, it had received it's salvage title and left the original owners. It traveled to Kentucky sometime between that and 2009 where it was given its reconstructed title. Through this, I assume a dealership or repair shop had it and sent it to an auto auction.

Here's where the second owner comes into play. Her family owns/works? for an auto auction and also owns a used car dealership located in Coventry, CT. They had bought this car for their toy, and the daughter fell in love with it. At the time, she was only 14, but begged her parents to let her have it for her first car. So over the course of that and a couple more summers, she saved up her money to buy it from her parents and ended up owning it for 7 YEARS. She eventually ended up selling it as she was in the air force, and when she came back, it had a couple issues and was going to be her only means of transportation.

She then sold it to the third owner; who I ended up buying it from. He only owned it for about a year and put 3,000 miles on it. I can't seem to figure out what his intentions were with it because when I had bought it from him it had pretty much the same issues as when she owned it.

Trying to make this very long story short, we came in contact and she truly loves the car just like she did when she owned it. I invited her to take a look at her Z again (which she named Daisy) and I was so happy to see how genuinely she loved the car. Her and I are very much alike when it comes to the Z and I ended up letting her drive it around and take a picture with it.

We discussed a possible sale but I made it clear that if she wasn't ready to have her car back, I wouldn't force her to buy it or buy it right away as I already had offers made. It looks like as of right now the car may end up back in her hands sometime in the near future and I really hope so as this would be my dream buyer! She even told me about a 6 cd changer in the back which i had no idea about and we found her old CDs in it haha.

So long story short, possible happy ending.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/143756315 ... ed-public/

forgot to also post one of her old pictures and her picture now with the Z. We wore really similar outfits that day and we kinda look alike haha, very strange!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:21 pm 

Wow. Wow.
No matter how this turns out, that has to be the very best Z-story of 2016!!! And you're a surpriZingly excellent writer! You should give serious consideration to a career of writing books for others' enjoyment. :thumbs_up:

I love the idea of Zs returning to their prior owners. That's what happened to me and my 240, and the 22 years btwn ownerships gave me plenty of time to recogniZe how much that particular car meant to me.

Hey, you're both still young. You two might generate some deal where you each own Daisy for 4-5 years and keep selling her back and forth to each other. :mrgreen:

Thank you, Marissa ~ you just made my day happy. I hope this works out for both of you. If I had any spare room at all, I'd buy this car from you myself.

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:57 pm 

What a great story on your cars past, I am glad it seems to be working out for you.
I have seen your e-bay post and wondered how that was going looks like you might not need that after all.

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)