Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:20 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:07 pm 
Site Admin

Club member Rob Stone asked me to help spread the word that he has listed his 1983 280zx (T-Tops, Red with Custom Black Leather Interior, Original Trim) on eBay.

NOTES: “NO body rot which is hard to find in these cars, came with original underbody sealing application which helps tremendously, some minor bubbling at the bottom of the doors, needs a paint job, needs new clutch, new power steering hose, air conditioning update, runs fine, probably needs new spark plugs and wires, garaged for over 10 years, driven for 7 of those years, sat for the last 3 because I haven't had the money for the new clutch, but in WAY better shape than most Z's out there, the interior is beautiful, original radio, comes with a special sway bar for the engine/front struts if you want it. Cruise Control used to work, then stopped, I think it's just the button that needs replacing behind the brake pedal but I can't be sure. Passenger door bumper strip needs re-gluing. Probably needs new struts just because it's been siting but seem ok. Overall restorable condition without searching for parts etc. Dash is supple and only has one large and one small split, excellent interior!”

Rob would much rather his Z find a new home within the club, so if you're looking for a ZX, please see his eBay listing here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141705514881 .

- Jim

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:30 am 

Hey Jim! Thanks for posting this for me.

I actually had no idea there was a forum here!

I've been a fairly inactive member so many may not know me, but I've been a member for, I believe over 10 years now.

I purchased this baby in Texas and drove her home. She won first place in the daily driver category at a New Jersey show back when the 350Z had just come on the market (to give you a timeframe) and that's when I was most active with the club.

Sadly, life changes and I'm actually headed back to school for the next 6 years for a new career and won't have much time for joy riding.

As stated, she needs a few things, but truly one of the cleanest Z's I've ever seen in terms of the interior and body.

Thanks guys!

~Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:32 am 

PS I'll sell cash/paypal outside of eBay if you're local, I'm in Connecticut.