Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:35 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:00 pm 

1971 Datsun 240Z the VIN number is HLS-3016977 with a manufacture date of 12/70 on the door tag. The color code is 905 found on the tag next to the radiator. This is an original, unmolested, no-repaint, original interior, no accident, 39,700 mile Series 1 car. All the stickers and chalk marks from the factory are still in place. I have all documentation to trace all owners, the original bill of sale, the first transfer of PA title, and all repair orders both from the dealer and from independent service centers over the last 38 years.. Photo’s of this car, the undercarriage and interior are available on http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/Atannen/ this car is 99.99% original …the radio (AM/FM) is from another Datsun and the power antenna was changed. I have the original AM radio. The fuel pump has been replaced by and NOS part and the breaks have been replaced by NOS pads. The original rubber covers on the break bleeders were still on the car. The chrome passenger side mirror is incorrect for the car but is a Datsun part and was on there so we left it. The A/C is a port/dealer installed model I have all the instructions and warrantee card from the date of install. The wood grain appliqués on the console are an aftermarket item done by either the dealer or the first owner. You will note two controls on the console one is for the choke and one for the A/C, some A/C aftermarket kits of the time used this style. The arm rest was installed by the second owner and is and aftermarket item that can be taken out if you wish. The reflective tape on the rear hatch was applied by the original owner. Please remember that this is and an original car that is close to 40 years old so you do have some small nicks and scratches as you would with any used car. If you had a time machine and could go back in time to 1973 and buy an extremely nice used 1971 240Z this would be it.

Like all good cars this one has a story to tell. On July 5th 1970 Donald Morway of Pineville, PA went down to “Rettenbaugh Motor Sport” in Ambler, PA and put $1000 down on a 1971 240Z that cost a total of $3715.00 including the A/C. Some time in early January 1971 he picked the car up (paid the balance) and began to enjoy his new ride. His first service was 3/24/71 with 606 miles on the car. Donald held the car until 1993 he serviced it regularly (have all service records) and drove it sparingly (when we bought the car I called him directly and he told us that he had 3 other cars and the 240 sat in a barn next to a 57 “T” bird). Donald service the car at the Datsun dealership named above until it closed. He then switched to Foss-Hughes Datsun in Doylestown PA. Sometime in the late 80’s Foss-Hughes became (or switched to) Thomson Nissan/Toyota in Doylestown and Donald became friendly with its service Mgr Jim McClusky. Jim bought the “Z” from Donald on June 6th 1993 (I have the title transfer papers) with aprox 28K on the clock. Jim serviced the car at the dealership (getting his employee discount) until February of 1997 when he auctioned the car off to a dealer in Point Pleasant NJ called “Wheels Of Time”.
At that time my friend Stu Rauchman was looking for the car of his youth a 240 Z and asked me to help, one day searching the classic adds I saw that Wheels Of Time had a 240Z with only 33K on the clock. I went down, looked at it, called the previous owners and made the deal for Stu that day. On March 24th 1997 the “Z” found a new home with Stu Rauchaman in Marlboro NJ. Stu serviced the car with regular matenince until (marital issues) he was forced to sell the car in 1999. Ms Audrey Spader of Colts Neck, NJ bought the car in June of 1999 with the stipulation that if she needed to sell the car (we) Stu had the right of first refusal. Audrey again kept great service records etc. Some time in late 2000 Audrey needed to sell the Z and Stu bought it back from her and held on to it until Oct 2003 (marital issues) forced the sale of the Z again. Mr. Louis Amorosa of Piscataway NJ bought the car in October of 2003 again with the stipulation, that if he needed to sell the car (we) Stu had the right of first refusal. Louis like all owners before him kept great records and then in May of 2005 Louis had to sell the Z, (marital issues…LOL). So on June 7, 2005 I (Adam Tannen) took title of the Z with 39,548 miles The car has spent the last four years or so in the garage (under a cover) next to my 71 Cutlass Convertible. As I have a family (read kids) the Z doesn’t get much use because it only fits two, I need to pass the Z on to a good home.
I have posted some photos here but again please visit http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/Atannen/ for over 50 more including details of the undercarriage and engine bay.
Should you have any questions please e-mail atannen109@aol.com or call me @ 732-547-0145 anytime before 9pm eastern time.[size=18][/size]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:37 pm 

It's always a great advantage to know the history on a Z car.

Did I get lost in the story, or did anyone else notice how much he's asking for this beauty?

Looks like the gearbox has been pulled and either reworked or replaced. The twin levers on the console got me ~ at first glance I was sure this was one of the first 500 '1969' cars, but none of them had A/C. Never saw the A/C operated by a throttle lever like that before. Pretty clever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:58 pm 

Frank
Thanks for taking a look ...the gear box is orginal and not replaced or repaired according to the all the owners (2) pre 1997. The car has been in and out of my hands since 1997 so I know that it hasen't repaced from then until now. The two controls on the console are the choke and the A/C vent door that is operated by a cable .....please give me call to discuss price 732-547-0145

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:04 pm 

CK ~ I am REALLY impressed by the undercarriage on this car! WHERE IS THE RUST?? :shock:

This is a rare exception to the "Datsun Rule", for sure.

If you had to keep it and drive it for the next five years, what work would you do on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:05 pm 

This car was sold 3 times for 'marital issues'???
Obviosly needz a good home w/ a single guy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:09 pm 

Frank great question and I guess it depends on the amount of driving you are going to do. But lets say you are going to use it every nice weekend from March until November here in the NE.

I would do the following:
A. Rear Struts (Due to age and sitting)
B. Rear Shoes (Normal usage)
C. Rack Bushings (Just seem a little worn but not bad)
D. O-L-F ( your putting on more than 3K miles)
E. Fuel

And Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:11 pm 

ALLLAN71
I agree...... but the issues where cash not the car or the relationships.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:23 pm 

Frank
Sorry forgot to answer your rust question.....THERE IS NONE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:47 pm 

CK1, I don't see why you don't put the price you are asking for this car? It is a nice example and the price is on other ads I have seen.

1976 Fairlady Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:28 am 

Evil
Thanks so much for your responce I will discuss price with anyone who is intrested in the car. Just give me a call. 732-547-0145

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:42 am 

CK1 wrote:
Evil
Thanks so much for your responce I will discuss price with anyone who is intrested in the car. Just give me a call. 732-547-0145

Ok, that must be a new way to Z cars. I could understand if you were thinking about selling it but the car is listed several places and not putting the price you are asking for the car tends to waste your time and others looking at the car.

Good luck with sale.

1976 Fairlady Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:50 am 

Clive
I have no idea what I may have doen to upset you but I chose not to put a price because most of the time all that gets discussed on fourms are the merits of the price not the car. BTW the only place I'm aware of that 'I" posted a price was on e-bay and it was not 18K so if you could point me in the direction of where you saw it in writing it would be a big help.

Thanks
Adam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:10 am 

Adam not upset at all. Sorry for your past troubles with people barking over the price. I think the car is worth the price but that is just me. If I find the thread I will post it for you. It might have been over on classiczcar.

1976 Fairlady Z

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:09 am 

[quote="CK1"]1971 Datsun 240Z the VIN number is HLS-3016977 with a manufacture date of 12/70 on the door tag. The color code is 905 found on the tag next to the radiator. This is an original, unmolested, no-repaint, original interior, no accident, 39,700 mile Series 1 car. All the stickers and chalk marks from the factory are still in place. I have all documentation to trace all owners, the original bill of sale, the first transfer of PA title, and all repair orders both from the dealer and from independent service centers over the last 38 years.. Photo’s of this car, the undercarriage and interior are available on http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/Atannen/ this car is 99.99% original …the radio (AM/FM) is from another Datsun and the power antenna was changed. I have the original AM radio. The fuel pump has been replaced by and NOS part and the breaks have been replaced by NOS pads. The original rubber covers on the break bleeders were still on the car. The chrome passenger side mirror is incorrect for the car but is a Datsun part and was on there so we left it. The A/C is a port/dealer installed model I have all the instructions and warrantee card from the date of install. The wood grain appliqués on the console are an aftermarket item done by either the dealer or the first owner. You will note two controls on the console one is for the choke and one for the A/C, some A/C aftermarket kits of the time used this style. The arm rest was installed by the second owner and is and aftermarket item that can be taken out if you wish. The reflective tape on the rear hatch was applied by the original owner. Please remember that this is and an original car that is close to 40 years old so you do have some small nicks and scratches as you would with any used car. If you had a time machine and could go back in time to 1973 and buy an extremely nice used 1971 240Z this would be it.

Like all good cars this one has a story to tell. On July 5th 1970 Donald Morway of Pineville, PA went down to “Rettenbaugh Motor Sport” in Ambler, PA and put $1000 down on a 1971 240Z that cost a total of $3715.00 including the A/C. Some time in early January 1971 he picked the car up (paid the balance) and began to enjoy his new ride. His first service was 3/24/71 with 606 miles on the car. Donald held the car until 1993 he serviced it regularly (have all service records) and drove it sparingly (when we bought the car I called him directly and he told us that he had 3 other cars and the 240 sat in a barn next to a 57 “T” bird). Donald service the car at the Datsun dealership named above until it closed. He then switched to Foss-Hughes Datsun in Doylestown PA. Sometime in the late 80’s Foss-Hughes became (or switched to) Thomson Nissan/Toyota in Doylestown and Donald became friendly with its service Mgr Jim McClusky. Jim bought the “Z” from Donald on June 6th 1993 (I have the title transfer papers) with aprox 28K on the clock. Jim serviced the car at the dealership (getting his employee discount) until February of 1997 when he auctioned the car off to a dealer in Point Pleasant NJ called “Wheels Of Time”.
At that time my friend Stu Rauchman was looking for the car of his youth a 240 Z and asked me to help, one day searching the classic adds I saw that Wheels Of Time had a 240Z with only 33K on the clock. I went down, looked at it, called the previous owners and made the deal for Stu that day. On March 24th 1997 the “Z” found a new home with Stu Rauchaman in Marlboro NJ. Stu serviced the car with regular matenince until (marital issues) he was forced to sell the car in 1999. Ms Audrey Spader of Colts Neck, NJ bought the car in June of 1999 with the stipulation that if she needed to sell the car (we) Stu had the right of first refusal. Audrey again kept great service records etc. Some time in late 2000 Audrey needed to sell the Z and Stu bought it back from her and held on to it until Oct 2003 (marital issues) forced the sale of the Z again. Mr. Louis Amorosa of Piscataway NJ bought the car in October of 2003 again with the stipulation, that if he needed to sell the car (we) Stu had the right of first refusal. Louis like all owners before him kept great records and then in May of 2005 Louis had to sell the Z, (marital issues…LOL). So on June 7, 2005 I (Adam Tannen) took title of the Z with 39,548 miles The car has spent the last four years or so in the garage (under a cover) next to my 71 Cutlass Convertible. As I have a family (read kids) the Z doesn’t get much use because it only fits two, I need to pass the Z on to a good home.
I have posted some photos here but again please visit http://s836.photobucket.com/albums/zz285/Atannen/ for over 50 more including details of the undercarriage and engine bay.
Should you have any questions please e-mail atannen109@aol.com or call me @ 732-547-0145 anytime before 9pm eastern time.[size=18][/size][/quote]