Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:58 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:04 pm 

If interested, please contact Fred @ 516-662-4577

I live on Long Island and I have a 79 ZX that has been in my driveway a while. It's time for the car to go. At this point it is good for parts. The car is complete but it has sit a while. It has had some modifications but will probably crank with a little effort. I'm asking $700 just to get rid of it. I've owned it since around 1983 or so. It has a MSD ignition box 6a
a header new exhaust two webber carbs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:50 pm 

Battery was charged on this car and it started right up. Seller is looking for $600 and is motivated - so feel free to make an offer. Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:49 pm 

I'll try to call him tmrw for deeper details. The Webers might be worth the effort if they're the right ones. Hauling a car from Long Island can't be much worse than from New Jersey.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:39 am 

Called Fred this morning but he wasn't available. Will try tonight. Will ask for photos.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:05 am 

Called Fred again but no answer. Left another message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:26 pm 

WHY MUST I BE POOR!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:26 pm 

It builds character, Vagabond ~ trust me. :wink:

You're 'rich' in other ways ~ you have US! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:20 pm 

What should I set my eBay reserve for you at? ...ok I'm done dumping on this post.

Any pics yet, I'm curious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:37 pm 

No pics from me yet ~ I'm having trouble contacting this guy; he never answers his phone. I'll keep trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:34 am 

Still trying to reach Fred. He wrote us and confirmed the phone number after he corrected some technical problems with his phone. I called several times again, but still no answer and no answering machine or voice mail picks up.

I have obtained his email address and today I sent him a few questions about this car, including a request for pictures. More as it happens, film at 11.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 am 

Fred and I have different schedules but we've e-reached each other. Here are shots of the car.
Frank

Attachments:
securedownload-1.png
securedownload-1.png [ 580.32 KiB | Viewed 5414 times ]
PIC-0303.jpg
PIC-0303.jpg [ 254.27 KiB | Viewed 5428 times ]
securedownload.jpeg
securedownload.jpeg [ 239.11 KiB | Viewed 5428 times ]

Last edited by Frank T on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:04 pm 

Thats all he wants is $700 does it run?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:07 pm 

Is it an auto or manual? If anyone knows could they let me know. Thank you. This could be a perfect Resto for my wife :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:30 pm 

Fred told Ross he put a battery in it and it started right up. He never responded to my questions about which gearbox it had, and said he would tell me the mileage but never did. I asked about the frame rails and floor pans and he said he would check them and get back to me, then simply said they "look OK to him". We had one of our members interested in the gearbox and A/C system, but Fred never responded to my direct Qs about those items. The round trip would have been more than 200 miles for me, pulling a trailer both directions thru NYC, so I wanted to know more about the car while I decided if it was worth it.

Today I got another email from him saying he decided not to sell the car (to us, anyway) because he didn't want it parted out. He sounded slightly offended that we (I) would consider doing that "to a running car".

I guess he envisions someone buying this as a restoration project, and is not interested in seeing it parted out. Call him if you can live with that idea, but I wouldn't suggest discussing the dismantling of his car. I never got him to answer his phone so I couldn't speak with him directly.

I am no longer interested in pursuing this particular car, since I wouldn't be restoring it. I only wanted it as cheap parts for the Club.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:01 pm 

this is the guy i drove all the way to long island for this past sunday to trade for the turbo wheels that i guess were on that car. he told me he just sold a 79. funny and yeah don't get me started on this guy. we had a deal before i left to long island. i drive 2 hours with a kawasaki ninja behind me in my van. he was selling rims and tires for 200 bucks and i was selling the bike for 250 worth way more. so i get it out of the bike and he is basically tearing it all apart about this and that. i sent him the link which had fully detailed pics of the bike and he said even though he had 3 dirtbikes that trading for the rims sounded like a good deal. lets just say i ended wasting 50 bucks between gas and tolls and returned with the same bike i was bringing to him. ten he prcoeeded to tell me all the things that i could sell on the bike and how much it's all worth but wouldn't do the stand up thing and take the bike and give me the rims and he could sell the bike himself. safe to say i learned alot this weekend. i was very upset on the way back. 6 hours total time wasted. could have done alot of work on my Z. it was beautiful outside. never again unless i get an email saying this is a definite deal no matter what.