Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:33 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 am 

From Chris Holmes of ZANY:

For Sale: 1976 Datsun 280Z

Yes, it’s hard to believe, but we are selling our Z. Economic strain and real estate investments that require cash have brought us to this decision.

This car is purpose built for the Z enthusiast who likes to drive. Modified for exceptional street and track use or a long Sunday cruise. This car is the culmination of my 23 years of restoring, racing and working on Z’s. You can’t build this car for close to what we are asking. We have over $15,000 invested over the years.

History: We are the fourth owners of this car. Purchased originally here in NY, we purchased it from a very good friend of ours 14 years ago. He had it for approximately 4 years. A female friend of his owned it prior to that and it has always been garaged. It has never seen a winter or snow and only an occasional rain. This has been my Wife’s car since we owned it and until recently, when I sold my Z to buy a boat, we have shared it.

Body: Clock shows @ 190k. Paint is midnight blue base coat clear coat and @ 5 years old. Body, frame, panels have virtually no rust. Minor bubbles on bottoms of doors. Hood has some very minor dings. A few very minor chips in paint that have been touched up. 5 hole fiberglass Kaminari air dam.

Engine: Rebuilt 3 years ago. 1982 280ZX F54 block with flat top pistons. N42 head, 490 degree racing cam, 5 angle valve job, new seats, valves springs etc… Motorsport 6 into 1 header, 2.5’ exhaust with turbo muffler. Mega Squirt 2 programmable fuel injection system with in dash air fuel ratio meter. 280ZX Turbo fuel injectors. 240SX 60mm throttle body. 280ZX dizzy upgrade. JSK fuel rail with in line fuel pressure gauge. Reman 4 core radiator with harden temp controlled electric fan. Cold air intake with K&N filter. Estimated HP at 230 to 240 HP. Pulls very hard up to 6500 rpm. Less than 5000 miles and 3 track days on engine. Took to drag strip once and ran in the high 14’s. You have to drive it to appreciate it. Runs like a top and is a blast to drive. Always used Mobile 1 synthetic and changed oil every 6 months regardless of miles.

Drive Line: 81 280ZX 5spd transmission with Nissan racing clutch. 83 280ZX 3.9 differential with 45k miles on it, just installed last year.

Suspension and brakes: Cosmo racing coil overs with KYB high performance struts. Competition front sway bar with urethane bushings, urethane adjustable control and A arm bushings. I have steering rack, column and tension rod urethane bushings, just haven’t put them in yet, they will go with the car. Front Brakes: Willwood 4 piston calipers with brembo vented rotors and HP pads on JSK hats and adapters. Rear, stock drums with recent rebuild and shoes. Braided steel lines on all four corners. 2+2 master cylinder and vacuum booster. Great set up for the track and has worked flawlessly. Have track pads to go with it.

Wheels and tires: S&G 16x 8 XXR light weight racing wheels with 205/50/16 Sumitomo HTRZ ZR rated tires. Wheels and tires are new last year and have only 1500 miles and 1 track day on them. That was at the convention last year in mid ohio and the last run was rained out.

Interior: very good condition. Full face dash cap. Older set of Reccaro seats in very good shape. Drivers seat will need left shoulder bolster repaired, starting to have a few small holes. Otherwise seats are in excellent shape. G force racing 4 point harnesses (have strap for 5th, but never put in, your choice). Motorsport roll bar with digital camera mount. Carpets new within the last 8 years. $1,000 stereo, disc changer with amp, remote and rear speaker box.

There are a few minor things that you may want address including windshield chrome trim (Have it), air duct/vacuum system for heat/A/C and defrost (have parts, just needs work) A/C does work and blows cold. Misc interior trim items.

We believe in driving our cars, not making them trailer queens. I’m a stickler for maintenance and upgrades (that the wife would allow). If you’re looking for a perfect show winner this is not the car for you. However, if you’re looking for a huge head turner that can kick but on the track and AX course and then go for a cruise, this car is for you. We don’t want to part with it, but we have to. We really would like to see this go to a real Z enthusiast. See link to pics and videos.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKScwVV5ibA
Video 2: AX: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D11GHGwt4WM
Video 3: Limerock in car: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taKuoJPYTD4

Pics: http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlidesh ... 7585126454

Price: Asking $8,500 negotiable

Chris: 518-857-1924 or csholmes@nycap.rr.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:55 pm 

if I had the money or a means of affording this...I'd jump on it. :(

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:25 pm 

Yes Chris's car is very nice and well sorted out. I believe it to be a 200hp+ L6 and handles well. Nice car to blast around on Lime Rock.

1976 Fairlady Z