Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:18 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: ANSA FULL EXHAUST
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:40 pm 

Well you don't see this very often but here is a full exhaust for sale. $400

Here is a tip that sold yesterday for $228: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Here is what I have for sale...let me know before it hits Ebay. I am often in New Haven if this helps anyone:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm 

These things are NO JOKE. They sound almost exactly like the old twin-pipe 1-1/2" diameter ANSA exhaust system, which is no longer available.

There is a guy on another Z site who bought a whole bunch of these in damaged condition and has been refinishing them, then selling them only to his friends. Last month he had maybe two left if I recall.

They require a 2" diameter single pipe, which is rare for today's Zs. Cfg240Z's 1970 and John Kish's perfect '71 both have these, and they sound so good they make your knees buckle.

No performance advantage, but NOTHING sounds like them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:16 pm 

Frank, the tail pipe I have looks like that. Now, after I got the header from A.J., 6-2, I'm going dual all the way back, so I'll have the same tailpipe look. Well, I hope. First time doing this, but I can do exhaust, and have someone local with a pipe bender. The tag should be under $100. ummmm, then I can drive it. Yea, that's it in 3 years,... to busy fixing other people's cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:03 pm 

Yeah, I lusted over AJ's twin competition pipes for a long time, but they looked like they were 2-3/4" or mabye even 3", which is too much for my stock L24. They would sound like thunder instead of like a Maserati.

If you know his pipes, you can picture the actual ANSAs. 6-2, all the way back, thru twin Glasspac mufflers with no resonators. They were quite prevalent in the 1970s since they were an actual option and also available as aftermarket sales.

The ANSA company still exists of course, but got bought out by a conglomerate firm who no longer makes the twin pipe option for the Z. For a short period 3-4 years ago they hired a small California firm to remake that system in pre-ordered batches, but then the small firm got bought out as well, and the new owners stopped all production of that system.

Learned all that on the phone, talking to 18 people in California in January. Big phone bill with no results, but at least I know why we can't get the pipes any more. I still have all the company names and numbers written on a two-sided legal page, somewhere.

For those of us die-hards who simply INSIST on having the ANSA-like system, there are only two options:

Buy the MSA "Twice Pipes" system, then pay someone to make them come out under the bumper "twisted" to be over-under instead of side-by-side. The Twice Pipes are 1.7" in diameter; close to the ANSA 1.5".

OR,

Get Mieneke Muffler to custom-build the system for your car. They're the only people left with mandrels which can bend 1-1/2" stainless pipes today. Everyone else can only bend down to 2". Cost? $1,000. :cry:

Last edited by Frank T on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:47 am 

Well I hope this weekend to have the header on, then I can plan the rest. "I'm not paying alot for that muffler" :lol: I find exhaust work to be easy and I know a guy with a pipe bender, so all in time. Exhaust materials are actually cheap, for instance a $500 system is about $50 in materials, if you have a bender and a welder helps as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:01 am 

It will be going to Ebay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 5:56 pm 

Sold via Ebay!

1976 Fairlady Z