Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:12 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:10 pm 

ITEM: L28ET engine swap
PRICE: $ BEST OFFER $ (look below)
SHIPPING: PICK UP ONLY!!!
DESCRIPTION: I pulled this swap out of a 76 280Z that used to be a Walkens Glen race car, I was going to toss it into my red Z this winter, but an RB25DET swap fell into my lap, and my other Z is being sold to someone else so I have no need for it. When this car was running, it was pulling like nothing I've been in for years.

L28ET from a 83 280ZX Turbo , F54/P90, Rebuilt a few years ago, from what I slightly remember, the PO said it was blueprinted and balanced and other work done, I never took the intake off to see if it was ported or polished. I would also guess it was slightly bored since he said it was rebuilt, but can not guarantee what was done. I do know that it has a JSK fuel rail, JSK TB adapter, 240sx TB, TPS is wired for the haltech, ignition is also full Haltech, so I might as well toss in the Haltech, which is going to be a plug and play and download the program and tune if you upgrade something. The T3 turbo was pulling decent the last time I ran it, but after I pulled the motor, I noticed the tubine shaft play, so I will say that this will need to be replaced. The butt-dyno says this car was pumping about 200-230hp with the tiny intercooler and the zxt injectors. The PO said that just adding larger injectors, a larger IC, and a T3/T4 turbo and re-tune the haltech, it should pump out 350-400 hp all day long with no problems, and 500+ hp with a few internal mods done. When I got the engine, I would say the motor had about 5000 miles on it since the rebuild, but for the last few times I started it up, I heard some rattling, like a loose bearing, piston slap, or something...when it was cold, but when it warmed up, it sounded and ran fine with proper oil pressure and power. It has a centerforce clutch, and the intercooler, pipe's, and everything will go with it. Manual boost controller, oil cooler, and what ever else I have in boxes will also go with it. I'll even toss in the down pipe and 3" straight pipe back with a turbo II muffler. This was a race prepped motor, and it was used as such, but not for too long. He did say this though, "Z31 turbo ecu system onto my 83 280ZXT harness, which is powering my 76 turbo 280Z with a haltech"

* Best Offer*: Money would be great, I would value this swap at an easy $3000, but with the economy as it is lately, anything in cash near that would be good. I'm also open to trades, I'm looking for a daily driver, preferably a subaru or a civic that will pass emissions, slightly fun, running and needs no work, and can do 100 miles a day for a year with no maintenance except for normal oil changes and tune up stuff. OR...a stupidly sexy and powerful swap for my 87 CRX, installed and running.

PICTURES:

as it sit today....

what it looked like when it was in the car...

CONTACT INFORMATION:
NAME: Clayton Pace
PHONE: 203-five three seven-6746
EMAIL: airjockie2002 (at) yahoo (dot) com
AIM: Airj0ckey
PAYMENT OPTIONS: Cash or trade

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:14 pm 

offers are welcome...so offer away.... :wink:

at least be reasonable... 8)

Also Known As Clayton Pace

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:41 am 

the haltech is possibly sold, so the engine by it's self...is still available...

Make an offer and come pick it up ASAP. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:21 pm 

Do you still have that IC, I can't remember if you sold it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:36 pm 

I still have it, and I found your sawzall.