Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: FREE to a good home
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:20 pm 

I've had this in my garage since the July car show and I refuse to throw out such a good source of Z parts. It is the one on the right in this picture. This is for a 1983 280ZX and appears to have many useable parts on it. It has high mileage but the price is right. Anyone interested?? First-come, first served.

Frank - please refresh my memory who donated this so that we can give them the appropriate credit.

Regards, Ross

Attachments:
DSC_3147.JPG
DSC_3147.JPG [ 197.21 KiB | Viewed 5434 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:40 pm 

Hi Ross ~

This was one of many parts donated by Chaos-CT this past summer. He had pulled his car down for parts before letting it go to the Happy Hunting Ground. As I recall, it was running when the body rusted away so badly it failed inspection, and was beyond restoration. Everything of value came off the car before he let the body be trucked away.
This head and injector unit are complete. All the little doodads and springy things are still on there. I think I remember it has a cam too? I recall the sparkplugs and wires were still in it when we accepted it, and even the distributor cap and power steering pump are on it, if memory serves.
Even the pallet it sits on is high speed, high tech! :wink: As you all know, we NEVER place a machined surface (like a cylinder head) on the hard deck. Try pricing either of these units (head or injector system) on the Web and you'll get a quick appreciation of the value of this gift.

**(The cam cover alone is worth $100. If you ever want to order a chrome cam cover from Black Dragon or Motorsport, they either require you to send them a core or send them an extra $100)

Ross, that looks like my writing on the tag. Chaos' name and number might be printed on the reverse. I powerwashed this unit when we accepted it so it is clean for transporting.

Several members had expressed interest in this at the car show, but it was simply too bulky to load into the cargo deck of a show-ready Z car. Bring your Buick and take it home!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:53 am 

LAST CALL!!!!

I need to clean out my garage and this must GO! If I don't get any takers here, I will offer it more widely to the NJ and NY clubs.

Description:

P79 Head (Non-turbo-round exhaust w/liners) cam cover, cam, injectors, PS pump, wires, plugs, valves. 200,000 miles - no gaurantees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:45 pm 

I know it is a bit late but I was wondering if it is still available. It would be appreciated and I could "donate" some time or parts as well. I'm suprised nobody snatched it up at the meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:02 am 

Hi Greg,
It is still available. Send me an e-mail at ross@ctzcc or PM me and we can arrange a time for you to pick it up. I too am surprised it hasn't gone sooner - the valve cover alone would make a nice candidate for polishing. Regards, Ross

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:04 am 

I'll contact you today today Ross.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:47 am 

Sorry Ross, but selling motor intake was intended for. I appreciate the help but hopefully somebody else will gain some use out of it.

In case anybody is interested please see the classifieds for a rebuilt L28. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:59 am 

So is this still laying in Ross's garage? I'll see about pickin it up next time I'm in the area. I'll use it down at the school for a learning device, along with all my other parts down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:59 am 

It's all yours Paul. Need the room for my snowblower!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:40 am 

Paul, when I go to RI to see Robin's car, I could swing into Ross' and pick it up first, then give it to you when you meet us. Yes?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:38 am 

Last chance:

After almost a year of storing this in my garage - it just has to go!!!

First come, first serve - otherwise it goes under a tarp outside, and eventually - I hate to say it, to the dump!

The valve cover has been taken and is no longer available.

Please let me know if interested. You must pick up.

Thanks, Ross

Description:
P79 Head (Non-turbo-round exhaust w/liners) NO cam cover, cam, injectors, PS pump, wires, plugs, valves. 200,000 miles - no gaurantees!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:21 pm 

Let's mail it to Steve and Pete in Australia? They're short on Z supplies down there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:44 am 

:)
heheheheheh..... mwahahahahah....
motors arnt too much of a prob here.. seems all the 2.8 mototrs we find are F54 blocks with the P90 heads... those exhaust liners in the heads i havnt seen here yet... little restrictions on emmissions in Aus..(back then)
We have a few of these motors so as soon as we pull 'em down and rebuild ill do a write up about it.. see if there as good as there spose to be

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am 

Yeah Pete, those liners were supposed to glow cherry-red and burn off any unburned fuel leaving the combustion chamber. Some guys called them "After-Burners". :lol:

Too bad about this head. You would think someone would want it, even if they only wanted to let their highschool AutoTech class tear it down for practice or something. :cry: It could serve as a static demo for how OHC heads work.

The injection system itself should be good for study ~ there are enough pipes and tubes on there to build a small Trombone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:59 pm 

Frank are you hinting? How about someone pick it up that's close by, then someone could pick it up that's close by, then someone could pick it up that's close by, and someone could pick it up that's close by, then I can pick it up. :lol: :roll: By the way, I know everyone wants the P90, but the P79 can be built and do quite the job. Shaved .080 and shimmed, can be just as meen as an N42, but with a high quench design. I just can't get out there by the time Ross wants it gone, but otherwise I would be glad to take it.