Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: CTZCC Race Car?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:49 am 

Check out the link below for what appears to be one of the original Bob Sharp cars being sold on e-bay. Looks like it is going to be a no-sale at $30,000 so let's pass the hat so we can buy this as a CTZCC car for us to race! Wouldn't that be fun. We could store it on the floor of the dealership and check it out on weekends. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming. Regards, Ross

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:12 am 

Quite Right!

Cfg240z saw this also, and he wanted it too!

I'm a wee skeptical about the contradictory history, tho. One paragraph says it was never used in competition, followed by the claims of Bob's 1975 pole position in it. Duh?

If we did buy it, we could set up some sort of lottery to determine who got to drive it each weekend (after we found out where Bob had parked it last!).

The more members we got, the less $ each would have to donate. I say we GO FOR IT and use it to advertise CTZCC! Good idea, Ross ~ keep thinking!

Frank T
Mbrshp Dir

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 am 

if the interest is there...I'd prolly toss my red Z up for a club car. I already got all the parts, body, wheels, tons of parts, tools, centrally located in ct, more parts, paint to go on, some body parts, I'm available with a heated/cooled garage with a lot of parts, and I plan on buying some more parts for it. Did I mention I have parts? I keep it registered and insured, and the people that helps work on it/or donates needed parts can use it for events..i.e. drift, autocross, roadrace, car shows....etc. If the events are local, they can drive it to the event, and out of state events, I have a trailer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:38 am 

If anyone is interested in this car, contact Vinny B first. He was involved in the build of this car way back when, and can let you know quite a bit more about this 610's 'alternate' history (=