Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:27 am 

We have recently learned of an INCREDIBLE 1972 240Z being sold locally by the 2nd owner. This 96-point car needs NOTHING to win another Concours D'Elegance, and is a sure trophy winner for this summer's Greenwich event. I have personally viewed this car and was stunned at how perfect it is ~ the very best 1972 I've seen since 1972! It has already won 1st place at Lime Rock Vintage Show.
The owner is GREG in Branford CT (203)619-2168 who reluctantly lets it go due to family matters beyond his control. He has owned it over 10yrs; he drove it fewer than 100 miles last year! Greg will entertain serious offers below $20,000 ($30,000 invested). The list of work on this Frame-Off total restoration is far too long for this forum. See the pictures attached; call Greg anytime at that number. Preppy kids are starting to call Greg, trying to buy the car ~ and they don't even know what it is! It would be a Good Thing (!) to keep this beauty within the Z community and in the hands of someone who appreciates the stunning work done on this perfect 1972 Viper Red beauty!
Frank T

Last edited by Frank T on Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:10 am 

Here are some pictures of the car in question...

Last edited by Barry'z (NJ) on Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 pm 

Just to expand on Frank's post here are some additional details on this car: 2nd owner, 88,000 original miles, 4 speed, new paint and chrome, most work performed by Stratford Auto restoration. This car was completely disassembled with every body part removed and painted separately. Car is located in Branford, CT. Over $30,000 invested with documented receipts. New: Glass, A/C, Starter, Master Cylinder, Brakes, Brake Lines, Regulator, Radiator, Tires, Rims, Lights (all), Radio/Speakers, Carpet, Struts, Bushings, Undercoating, etc. While this vehicle may seem pricey, it appears to be a 96 point car (as judged independently) and probably a bargain vs. creating the same car yourself. Seller is highly motivated. It would be great to have this car in our club!

Post subject: CAR IS SOLD
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 11:04 am 

GREG ADVISED ME HE SOLD THIS CLASSIC BEAUTY ON FRI/02MAY.
The owner of a NISSAN dealership bought it. The car will be displayed at the dealer showroom when it isn't busy winning trophies.
Thanks to the several club members who called Greg and showed interest in the car and offered support and condolences to Greg for having to part with it.
FRANK T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:07 pm 

Is this car at Napoli Motors? I think I've seen it on ebay for about 4 months now? At one point I think they tried to sell in for $25K

Anyone?

First Owned - New 72' GREEN 240Z
2nd Owned - Used BLUE 74' 260Z

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:02 pm 

I'm confident this is the same car. It had been restored over time at the expense of about $30,000. The car won many awards, including the Lime Rock and Greenwich Concours d' Elegance for its class. It was judged at 96 points with non-original paint color and tires.
The second owner fell victim to this year's Sub-Prime disaster and, in a desperate attempt to save more important elements of his life, grudgingly offered his pride and joy for sale in the high 20s. As time rolled on and events became more urgent, he finally released the car for $18+ to the owner of a local NISSAN dealership.
It's for sale again? Do you know what they're asking?

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:24 pm 

ccfoote wrote:
Is this car at Napoli Motors? I think I've seen it on ebay for about 4 months now? At one point I think they tried to sell in for $25K

Anyone?

maybe this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Tru ... 240%3A1308

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:39 pm 

Yes Colin ~ this is the same car. It hurts to even talk about this one again. It was awe-inspiring when I saw it this past Spring. I see the new owner added about 5,000 miles to it over the summer (I would have done the same).

Strange to see it for sale again so soon. The economy must be striking deep in secret places ~ so many owners are offering these classic beauties for FAR LESS than they're worth now. Our own Club has several for sale which anyone would want if they could afford them.

Back in the early 1970s when the gasoline embargo caused prices to go nutZ, you could go to the corner used car lot in any city block and buy 1960s Muscle Cars for a song. Today they are worth incredible prices. These Z cars will follow the same trend. There are fewer and fewer of them each year, so the overall worth of each survivor increases each time the crusher closes.

Anyone who has always wanted to own a Classic Datsun Z car, it appears NOW is the time to start shopping!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:17 pm 

I went over to Napoli Motors today and got a look at this car. The pictures on ebay don’t do it justice.