Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:38 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:24 am 

If you've been thinking about buying a 350Z but wanted something unique, you may be intersted in a Limited Edition Bob Sharp GT-33 car. Bob Sharp first produced GT-33's in the 70's when he ran Bob Sharp Motors in Wilton. He is now partnering with Nissan Darien to again produce a limited supply of GT-33 cars based upon both the 350Z and Altima coupe.

The 350Z version includes:

Rear spoiler (Stillen)
Front splitter (Veilside)
Graphics package (colors vary depending upon car color)
NISMO cat-back exhaust
NISMO air intake
Painted brake calipers

The GT-33 can be built on any Z model based upon customer preference.

I purchased the first red GT-33 and you can see pictures of it under the Members Rides section. For an indication of how the car looks in white, check out Bob's car in the Member's Rides section.

If you or anyone else is interested, please contact me at ross@ctzcc.com.

Regards, Ross

Post subject: Your GT
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:15 pm 

OK, Ross ~

You've had this car for a full month / 34,000 miles now. How about giving us your frank appraisal on it? Keep in mind you're driving the far-end result of the original Datsun 240Z idea which Mr. K devised back in 1969....every Z owner is proud to see how far the marque has advanced. But few of us will ever be rich enough to buy a new one (I'm planning on getting a USED 2010 model in 2031), so tell us what it's like!
No ZCar was ever perfect; fit, finish, road noise, braking, aerodynamics, balance, interior heat, visibility, metalurgy etc all were factors they've had time to work on (and they had Bob Sharp yelling at them about how to do it) for about 40yrs now, so WHAT's IT LIKE???
Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:39 pm 

Hey Frank -
I have to say the experience of buying a brand-new 350Z has been an awesome one. I love the GT-33 package and would buy it again. My car is based upon the Grand Touring model, which has some extra goodies.

HIGHS:
Stereo that toggles between CD/FM/XM using steering wheel controls. I have subscribed to XM for a few years now but always had the messy look of the XM controller. Having it integrated into the stock Bose stereo and steering wheel controls is fantastic.

The NAV system is very cool but that is probably in part due to it being my first one. You can even type in a phone number to find a location. You can also set it to display points of interest along your route such as gas stations. The integrated voice-recognition phone is also very cool and I use it a lot. The integration of the phone/stereo/NAV system is seamless and very professionally done.

I love the stripe package, NISMO exhaust and intake, front and rear spolier and Brembo brakes.

I have never had XENON headlights before and they really make a huge difference.

The interior is very well finished with a high-tech look and feel.

You have all heard the term "it drives like it is riding on rails". This phrase clearly applies to this car. I have not pushed it yet, but I am amazed at how it corners. It is the most responsive car I have ever driven.

Gas mileage highway is between 24 & 25, which ain't bad!

LOWS:
For the money you pay, you would think that Nissan would provide a port for an i-pod!

Not that I am a speed-demon but I was surprised that the car is not faster than it is. It is surprising to be passed after a full stop by normal everyday cars (at least one minivan!). Not that I am racing them off the line, but I just was surprised that you really need to step on the pedal hard and go through the gears fast to make the car go! It probably is me because when riding around with Bob Sharp, his 350 goes a lot faster!

In today's day and age, the NAV system should have a touch screen. It can take a while to type in an address toggling between characters of the alphabet. You also have to click enter EVERY time you get into the car to move from the "warning" screen to the maps.

Blind-spot visibility is non-existent. But that is OK by me as I am just extra careful.

Post subject: GT33
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:59 pm 

Thnx Ross ~ Now I want TWO of them.

NISSAN probably did include an iPod port somewhere; you just haven't found it yet!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:19 am 

Bob and I took a trip to Lime Rock recently and then attended a car show in Stamford. Some pictures of the two GT-33 cars together:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:57 am 

Beautiful cars.
(I like the Packard Patrician convertible in the background, too! Wonder if the foghorns still work?)

Post subject: GT-33 350Z on e-bay
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:28 pm 

GT-33 for sale on e-bay from Nissan Darien:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nissan-3 ... 239371319&

Please spread the word if you know anyone who wants one of these fantastic cars. Thanks, Ross

Attachments:
6c9b_12[1].jpg
6c9b_12[1].jpg [ 33.84 KiB | Viewed 3848 times ]