Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 2:16 pm 

EDIT July 18th '22 - OFF THE MARKET. He has decided to keep the car for now.

Posting this up for a friend of mine who is unfortunately selling his '68 510. I've heard some rumblings from members before about wanting to add a 510 to their collection, so posting here in case someone might be interested. Below is his write up on the car. I have seen it in person and it is definitely a clean car.

Located in SE Massachusetts. He is asking $28,000

If you have any interest shoot me a message with your contact info and I can connect you to him.

https://www.510forsale.com/1968-door-l1 ... 6LwXLf-RPo

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1968 Datsun 510 2 door for sale.

Has L16 engine and a Z car 5 speed manual transmission.Has stock non LSD rear differential w/3.90 gears. Has around 500 miles since finishing the build.

I purchased it 2 years ago. Prior owner owned it for aproximately 7 years. He had the rear fender flares and fiberglass front fenders and had it painted prior to taking delivery of it. The engine bay was also painted black then. Prior owner installed the 5 speed transmission along with a new clutch sometime during ownership.Car has not had any rust repairs that I can see and it is rust free.

Has Wilwood front brake calipers and larger vented brake rotors and new master cylinder purchased from Troy Ermish Racing along with adjustable coil overs in the front and rear and double adjustable rear shocks and single adjustable front struts also from Troy Ermish Racing. Has stock rear drum brakes with new brake shoes,wheel cylinders,hardware and new formed rear brake lines. Has braided steel front and rear brake lines. Has VTO Retro 4 15×7 wheels and Yokohama 195/50×15 tires including the spare. Has aluminum Futofab front adjustable lower control arms and adjustable TC rods.

Interior trim was painted blue by me. Complete car has been gone through from top to bottom and front to rear. Every part has been either serviced,painted or replaced. The only parts that I have not removed from the car are: Engine long block,transmission,pedal box w/pedals,hood,trunk lid,fuel clutch and brake hard lines. Valve clearance,compression and leak down were performed at time of purchase and all were good. Specs were not written down so I don’t have them.

Has new headliner,sun visors were recovered with headliner material professionally. Has new carpet and pad and has sound deadening stick on insulation under the carpet. All rubber body gaskets and seals are new from Datsport. Fuel tank filler is new from Maddat. Has new Momo suede steering wheel and hub. Has custom aluminum dash face w/ Speed Hut gauge set with “Datsun” in each gauge face. Has USB and 12 volt outlets in the dash. Has Cobra Lemans front seats with cloth fabric. Has custom made rear seat delete kit and rear package shelf. Has 4 point bolt in roll bar. All new inner door panels and rear panels along with new window cranks and inner door handles and new outer door handles. Has new aftermarket quarter windows and frames and rear latches. Has new aftermarket windshield. Door windows and rear window are original. Has new American Autowire Highway 22 wire harness and fuse box along with their ignition switch and headlight switch. Has new Vintage Air heater/defroster and controls. Has new BRE floor mats and BRE car cover. Headlight bulbs and trim rings are new along with all of the bulbs for the rest of the lights.

Taillight lens are NOS european ones. Has full length painted header and chrome Supertrapp muffler. Has new Weber 38/38 DGES downdraft carburetor and Cannon intake manifold. Has new Interstate battery.New oil pump,water pump,fan belt,hoses,distributor cap and rotor,spark plugs and wires,windshield washer bottle and motor and new wipers, new clutch master cylinder,slave cylinder and clutch line.

All fluids and filters replaced and have less than 500 miles on them.Has larger than stock front sway bar with new end link hardware. Has polyurethane rear crossmember and rear suspension mounts. Has new Restomod rear CV axles. Has new needle bearing Pitman arm from Troy Ermish Racing. New front lower ball joints. Valve cover and oil pan gaskets are new. Has Accel Super Stock ignition coil and chrome mount. Has electonic DIzzy distributor that has just been rebuilt. Has new starter motor. Has new later model 60 amp single wire alternator for a Nissan D21 pickup. Has new fuel pump and braided steel hoses and new filter. New dome light.New mirrors. Has new aftermarket rear bumper and NOS front bumper along with new front and rear bumper mounts.

All of the work has been performed by me with some help from my wife. I have all of the receipts for every part purchased since I have owned it which total over $26,000.00. I will include a CD of all of the before,during and after pictures with the car.

Comes with a Subaru R160 LSD rear diff W/3.70 gears in perfect working condition that the new owner could install if they wanted. It also includes 2 used working starters and a spare electronic distributor and other misc spare parts.

The car starts,runs and drives great and everything works. It does not need anything. Miles is listed as around 500 because I am still driving it locally. Reason for selling is health issues. The paint job and bodywork are not perfect the paint is about 10 years old. It still shines great in the sun. I would classify the paint job as a paint job that looks great from a couple feet away.

Asking price is $28,000

More pictures and a walk around and engine running video can be found here: https://app.photobucket.com/u/paulf97/a ... CjIj_9GmUE

‘71 4Dr 510 -- '73 240z

Last edited by demo243 on Mon Jul 18, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 8:40 pm 

Updated - Price changed to $28,000

‘71 4Dr 510 -- '73 240z