Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:47 pm 

:lol: Haha! I just finished writing an article about that song, so I know how many "goods" there are! The music was NOT played by the beach boys; they only sang the vocals (in great harmony). The music in ALL their songs was played by two doZen studio musicians who were called "The Wrecking Crew". Fascinating story! If you ever danced to Rock & Roll, look them up.
Thanks for counting! 8)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:14 am 

Thanks everyone for all your input and suggestions. After getting on rt8 this morning, the vibration has gotten to the point of violent shaking and bouncing. I had placed a noise filter on the microphone and recorded my trip. When I played back the recording you could definitely hear a metallic grinding sound. I have a bad bearing somewhere in the rear. No more driving. Its going in for repair.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:49 am 

Frank T wrote:
:lol: Haha! I just finished writing an article about that song

Writing song articles for what publication ? :shock:

75' - 280Z - HLS30203249 - #304 Gold Metallic (stockish)
96' - 300zx TT - JN1CZ24d3TX960293 - Black on Black (enhanced)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm 

I write '60s music (and war) history for my high school class newsletter. For this month I covered "The Wrecking Crew", which were the phenomenal, unknown back-up session players who actually performed about 90% of the songs we danced to in the '60s. Hardly anybody knows about them, but they were the "voice" of almost all the 1,000+ Top-40 hits of the 1960s.

As soon as Brian Wilson discovered The Wrecking Crew, he refused to allow the actual Beach Boys to play any instrumentals for their own songs. Every BeachBoy hit was played by these anonymous session players, including the incredible Good Vibrations (with a Theramin!). The BBs just provided the vocals.

Everyone from Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack, to Sonny and Cher to Dean Martin to The Drifters to George Harrison to The Beatles to The Monkees to Elvis to The Byrds to Tina Turner to the Mamas and Papas and a hundred more, recorded their songs exclusively to The Wrecking Crew's outstanding R&R backup music. The Crew also played all the big-name broadway and TV tunes of that era; Bonanza, Get Smart, Mission Impossible, Wild Wild West and a hundred more. Some "bands" didn't even actually exist; producers had The Wrecking Crew play instrumentals which became radio hits, then went out and created "bands" with good looking stage kids who lipsync'd the studio song and "played" dead instruments on the Bandstand stage (The T-Bones, The Monkees, etc).

The Wrecking Crew has only recently been inducted into both the Rock n Roll and Musicians' Halls of Fame even tho they weren't really a 'band'. They were some of the very best musicians in the world at their time.

Would you like me to print it out on Off Topic? You'd not believe what these 24 guys and one girl accomplished over 25 years.

Last edited by Frank T on Wed May 02, 2018 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:29 pm 

Rich; can you double check to ensure all your lugnutz are tight?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 11:20 am 

Follow up on my 350z problem.

On 5/2/2018 my car was picked up and delivered to Girard Nissan in Groton. It was determined that I had a locked rear brake caliper. Howard made the right call on that. When I started to drive, the brake would start to heat up and cause the rumble. Then as the brake became too hot, it would stop grabbing thus becoming quiet again. I remember Bob Sharp telling us that when your brakes got too hot on the track your brakes would fail. I now know how that works. Of course my new brake pads where worn down to nothing. That was the grinding sound I heard. I am happy I purchased pads with a lifetime warranty as they were replaced for free. Total bill came to $1012.00. Could have been worse if it was a bearing. I'm heading to Groton today to pick up my car.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 12:33 pm 

I'm glad you found the problem Rich! "Enjoy the Ride" as Mr. K would say. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:36 pm 

:shock: $1,000 for free brake replacements? Tell me it ain't so!? Should we take up a collection? :(

This has been an excellent thread and one which will educate a LOT of Z owners. Thanks for sharing all your news ~ good and bad ~ and for letting us ride with you along your discovery trail.

We're looking for brief Z-related presentations for this month's meeting at County Line Nissan the day after Memorial Day Weekend; maybe you could volunteer to talk us thru this experience?

Glad your Z is healthy again.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 5:24 pm 

Glad to hear the Z's problems have been addressed. We're always glad to stick our two cents into other members problems. :lol: Don't know what cost you so much $$$ but if all vibrations have been eliminated and there are no strange noises or grinding sounds then I'm sure it's worth it. I hope you enjoy this years driving Zeason. :mrgreen: 8) :thumbs_up:

Howard

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 6:53 am 

You say you have different size tires, dont these cars have ABS and or Traction control???? If so, big No No. It will activate a brake caliper to compensate the speed. Not a thing to do on today's cars. You're not old school anymore. :P Other possibilities, wheel bearing, fluid issue with differential...old or maybe needs a better type, sticking brake caliper, axle shaft, control mount. Hope this helps and you solve the issue. :thumbs_up: