Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:11 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:20 pm 

WOW!!! :shock: I couldn't be happier for you! Sincere congratulations on this momentous achievement. Please assume an e-handshake and a clap on the shoulder. You make us proud!

NOW you can get some sleep!!! :lol:

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:46 pm 

Congratulations Filipe! It's a Great Achievement. :thumbs_up:

HowardJ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:00 pm 

Thank you thank you! I can finally get back to focusing on Zs and other less time consuming activities!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:34 pm 

Yeah ~ like designing us a multi-bay CTZCC clubhouse with a galley, bunks, a 100-seat meeting room, showers, overhead lighting and fire suppression systems......
Cheap. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:58 pm 

Let's just take over Amazon's new warehouse. :)

Attachments:
-97b1d55db65a2767.jpg
-97b1d55db65a2767.jpg [ 74.88 KiB | Viewed 8060 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 am 

Boy this makes me appreciate my old SU carbureted car even more! :roll:

Good luck on your stumbling issues. Wish I could help. :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:17 pm 

johnnyZ wrote:
Boy this makes me appreciate my old SU carbureted car even more! :roll:

Good luck on your stumbling issues. Wish I could help. :?

johnnyZ. Thanks for the good luck wishes but I don't think they'll be needed. I think that I was able to figure out the problem and may have found the solution by cleaning up the seating/mating surfaces of the EGR Vacuum Solenoid with some WD40. It's been three days, so far, without any stumbles, bucking or hiccups. Research on how the EGR was supposed to work and that it needed to be in a closed/off position during initial startup meant that vacuum had to be non-existent. Further investigation showed that the vacuum solenoid controls the delivery of vacuum when engine temperature comes up. I then hypothesized that if this vacuum solenoid did not close/seat all the way that it would allow cold exhaust gases into the system, causing "a lean mixture". :idea: Wallah!

I was hoping that spraying WD40 might clean/dissolve the mating services inside the vacuum solenoid so that it would shut off the vacuum to the EGR until proper temperature was achieved. Well it's working so far. If the stumble returns, I'll spray again to see if it fixes the stumbling again and then order a new replacement part. :D :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:15 pm 

FAR, far, too smart for this Club..... :lol:

I hope you play Chess, too...? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:03 pm 

Frank T wrote:
FAR, far, too smart for this Club..... :lol:

I hope you play Chess, too...? 8)

HAHA! Being tenacious and goal oriented doeZn't have to equate to "smarts". Just following my old school teachings "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID!!!!"
:shock: :D :thumbs_up:

"No" I don't play chess. Too much brain strain. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 am 

Great detective work. I hope you nailed it! :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:04 pm 

johnnyZ wrote:

Thank you. Thank you very much! Five days and all'Z cool with the cool engine running Purrrrrfect when it first wakes up. No more "bucks" just giddy-ups and goes like hellloo. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:30 pm 

HowardJ wrote:
johnnyZ wrote:

Thank you. Thank you very much! Five days and all'Z cool with the cool engine running Purrrrrfect when it first wakes up. No more "bucks" just giddy-ups and goes like hellloo. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Update: It's been eight days, car is still pulling nice and strong when cold. I have noticed that, or maybe it just feels like there's a slight (ghostly slight) "lean mixture" higher up on the engine warm-up scale around 130* that lasts about 15 seconds and disappears. Poof!! So I placed my order for a new OEM EGR Valve - Solenoid, while it's still available for less than $100, mainly because I feel that the solenoid may still be a little bit temperature sluggish and because I'm craZy trying for purrfection. :twisted:

So..... I'm hoping that other 1984-1985 300ZX owners who are experiencing the infamous "lean fuel mixture" stumble will try this relatively cheap fix (WD40 and maybe even this replacement part) before circumventing the problem by replacing ECU's, ECM's, CHTS, EGTS, modules, relays, or..... the air in the tires? :idea: :mrgreen: :thumbs_up:

I would love to hear from other Z owners who may be "living" with the same stumble I uZed to have. Let me know if my suggestions helped your Z run better (or not). :wink: :thumbs_up:

HowardJ

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:00 pm 

You should certainly run over to the other Z websitez and inform them of what you discovered and how you did it. It would probably be easiest just to link this conversation and let them read it all here.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:58 am 

Frank T wrote:
You should certainly run over to the other Z websitez and inform them of what you discovered and how you did it. It would probably be easiest just to link this conversation and let them read it all here.

I tried taking your advice and was successful posting this link onto Zcar.com and maybe (I'm not sure) onto the Zdriver website. I'm not familiar with what other Z sites there are for me to shout out to. If you can assist in getting this link to other Z forums that might benefit from it, I and they would appreciate the effort. Thank you. :thumbs_up: :D

I look forward to hearing from other Z31 owners who try this procedure to let me know if it worked for them too. :thumbs_up: ? :thumbs_down: ?

HowardJ

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:29 am 

I've sent this link to our sister club in NYC and in Rochester NY. I will have to look up the email addresses for the NJ and New England Z clubs and share with them.

Frank

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next