Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:30 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Mechanic Needed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:29 am 

New member, here.
I have an '83 280ZX 2+2 that I have had for over almost 30 years.
It has been sitting in my garage un-used for probably the last 8.
I'd like to resurrect it this spring.
I need a good z-car mechanic to go thru it and determine what it needs to drive and be safe. Then we can decide what should be done going forward.
Any recommendations? Preferably in SE Connecticut, but that's not critical.
Thanks!!!

Post subject: Re: Mechanic Needed
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:53 pm 

WELCOME aboard! Really glad to hear we have another of the rare 2+2 cars added to the Club stable!
I have three recommendations:

1. Vinny Bedini's Bedini Motorsports classic Datsun speed shop in New Milford;
http://www.ctzcc.com/images/bedini.pdf (860-355-1829);

2. RDZ (Research & Development for the Z) also in New Milford; (203-628-7725);

and,

3. Don't wait until spring to do this.

Like all classic Z shops, these two places basically starve over the winter while we store our Zs. Then in the spring 30-40 of us all bring our cars there at one time and flood them with work. And of course, we all want our Zs back "yesterday" so we can enjoy the spring weather. :lol:
Either place has trailers and can come to you to pick up your car and bring it back to you if you wish. I recommend calling them and discussing your ideas. They are CTZCC members and most of us have had our cars built or rebuilt or repaired or upgraded by them. Their prices are more than fair and they are generous toward fellow CTZCC members. Either shop will make your car safe to drive.

Tell them the CT Z Car Club sent you.

Frank T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:54 am 

Welcome Jaykle,

and thank you Frank for the mention.

Jaykle, my name is Rich Amatulli, owner of RDZ and member of CTZCC since it's inception.

We would be happy to speak with you about your Z car's needs.

We can be reached at 203-628-7725.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Rich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:34 am 

You're welcome Rich ~ always happy to make a plug for one of our Club sponsors!
Wanted to post the link to your website, but I zee it's still under construction. Hope you're doing well at your new upgraded location and the winter soon lets us all out on the roads with our Zs.

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:52 pm 

Also worth checking out is Paulo Lopes in Seymour CT. He owns a shop as well as a 300ZX (the generation after the 280zx). He's very capable and always treats me fairly with pricing. I don't trust most shops with my Z; his is one of few I do. Call him at 203 394 2477. Tell him I sent you from the CTZCC!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:02 am 

Well I happen to go out that way sometimes, and can make a house call to look things over first. I have a Z to work on in New Haven in a couple weeks, and actually have a customer as far as Teaneck NJ that I go to. I know the s130 better than any other Z, and have now 8 cars worth of parts. I'm tearing one down now, and practically can do it blindfolded and will finish it today, the 3rd day. :thumbs_up: Thanks, Paul.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:56 am 

Jaykle, Paul is one of our Rhode Island members and is very active in the Club. He is a certified Master Mechanic and his hobby has been Zs and vintage Datsun trucks since before he got his first grey hair. He instructs AutoMechanics at his local tech school and has devoted almost as much space to his Z collection as to his living area. His home is a landmark for any of us needing Z parts. His new bride married him with the understanding that he can't live without Zs (and she drives her own perfect Z).

Paul's a hard worker with a good sense of humor and always tries to help out fellow Z owners. Occasionally he takes a vacation, which invariably involves driving a Datsun someplace to look at another Datsun. It's how he relaxes. Sometimes he camps out in a tent; other times he can just camp out inside the Z. Paul is never more than an arm's-reach away from a Datsun. It's just the way life is.

You can't do much better than having Paul examine your ZX and give his opinions and recommendations. :wink: :thumbs_up:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:19 am 

Thanks for the compliments Frank. :thumbs_up: I was trying to be incognito. :P So as with the s130 (280zx) I am down to 15 hours for a total strip down to the very fabric on the floor. So that means if you have a problem, I'll find it in 15 hours. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:05 am 

Wow ~ the only way I could strip-down a ZX in less than 15hrs is with a hand grenade! :lol: