Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:27 pm 

Ok I looked over the whole thing and other than a light bulb in the fuel gage out I can't find any evidence of burning or overheating. I checked the resistance on the dimmer and it was fine no scorching. Maybe it's the hazard switch but again it looked fine. I have a spare and it looks the same. I guess tomorrow I'll put it back and see what happens. On the positive I did repair the oil pressure/temp gage bezel which had the factory spot welds fall off. I repainted and glued it back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:47 pm 

We kept watching for you to walk up the driveway at the Picnic today. If you can't make it to the final Z event of the year, I guess working on your Z is the best alternative. The weather was nearly perfect for either endeavor.

Earlier this zeason I saw a wisp of smoke curl up thru my windscreen defroster vent. It was just a puff of thin smoke and a smaller amount came out of the center vent at the same time. I was in a parking lot so I shut the car off, checked all the fuses, sniffed under the hood and under the dash and never found anything. 20 minutes later I decided whatever it was would simply stop working and then I would know where the smoke had come from. That was at least 3 months ago and nothing has failed yet.

The idea still bothers me that something melted, but I simply can't find it and the car doesn't seem to mind losing whatever it was. I tell myself some spider or moth maybe got btwn B+ and ground and got fried, but I've never found a single thing to tell me what it actually was.