Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:09 pm 

How about a diamond disc in a Dremmel tool? We could set it in the vice and very carefully cut it into two sections. I have the Dremmel and the cutting kit if you want to borrow them.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 pm 

Well my journey has ended on this club site. All my searching on this subject has come to this thread which was really going somewhere, but then ended. I am hoping that by reviving this thread that maybe I can get some answers.
Yes this is my first post here, so hi to everyone. I frequent CZCC and Hybridz and anything to do with Z's
I have a 1971 with this trans and I have been fighting a high speed vibration for a long time. I noticed that I have play at the tailshaft of my T5. I followed the part numbers on this thread only to find that NO ONE makes this bushing anymore. I'm stuck, and maybe the author of this has some news that would be helpful. I am running out of options and might have to go with a different trans-yuk. I really love the t5 with my Pro Tower shifter. I would even consider having a bushing made if i had one to copy.
I would appreciate any help-thanks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:23 am 

I have never found any bushings for any Nissan Trans so far. I save tail shaft housings if they have a good bushing just for this issue, just don't have any of these. I haven't searched to much on the BW, but I wonder if it's the same size if you went through general motors. just an idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:40 am 

I guess it will be plan B-which I don't have right now. A guy on hybridz just went with a Torqueflite 727 yoke which is the correct spline, but bigger OD. Then had the tailshaft machined for the 727 bushings. Not a ton of work if you already planned on replacing the DS. Easier yet would be to remove old bushing and have machine shop replicate

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 pm 

Wait ~ don't give up yet. Bryan hasn't seen your post yet (he's busy with family projects) and usually knows ways around common problems.

The T-5 was used in several other cars ~ have you tried sourcing a bearing from one of those websites? (like from a Mustang, or something?) I mean, what do you care where the part comes from if it gets you back on the road, right? The Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 valve guide seals are perfect for the L24 engine, and cost about 30% less, and I know some die-hard Z fanatics who are driving around with those in their engines right now.

As long as you don't use parts from a Porsche, I don't think any Z people would despiZe you for using somebody else's bearing.

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:17 pm 

I got mine at http://www.drivetrain.com/parts_catalog/manual_transmission_overhaul_kits/borg_warner_t5_overhaul_kit.html

Under Miscellaneous Parts...#301396 is the one I used in my 1983 280ZX T5. But if Drivetrain.com doesn't have it you may be out of luck, I searched for a month originally and this was the only source I ever found.

1970 240Z - enhanced F54 L28 w/P90, Weber DCOEs, 4:11 R200, Nissan T5 5-speed