Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:24 am 
i have a 91 tt 300zx pushing 330rwhp currently on stock turbos Im thinking about running meth injection to get a lil more boost out of her safely any ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 pm 

My first idea, is for you to implement grammar and punctuation into your post. It would be much appreciated.

Secondly, water/meth injection is known to work quite well if properly implemented. If you are asking the question here, I am guessing you should look into getting a pre-made kit rather than the DIY approach.

Personally, I hope to use a form of water injection, post intercooler, to allow me to run 15 PSI on a Garrett T3 with out detonation on my 9:1 VG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:28 pm 
I am actually planning on buying the snow performance stage 2 kit offline. I will be upgrading the turbos this winter to gt28's, But i want to see what my best time down the track with stock turbos with meth injection would be before upgrading. Currently I ran a 13.0 1/4mile at 108.5mph on 225 rear tires with a slipping clutch and the car still had precats. I am planning on doing the meth injection with a nice set of slicks and upping the boost to around 18psi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:40 pm 

You should definitely get great results with that setup. Once you get the clutch kit sorted out, and the AFR stable you should be able to run 18 psi all day...assuming you don't run out of the "Magic Juice".

What are you running for fuel management?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:47 pm 
That day at the track i ended up burning the clutch. I always trailer her to the track as i have my own 18ft car trailer set up. as for the clutch i did the clutch throw out bearing rear main seal etc that same week shes been ready to go back up for awhile but last time i headed up to epping it got rained out. Current mods as follows jwt stage 3 ecu, stillen single intake, megan down pipes into a stillen exhaust no cats or resinators and straight pipes with the stillen x pipe,greddy profec b running 15psi on high and around 12-13 on low,front mount intercooler, hks turbo timer, 99 spec rear tail lights complete set, and a set of 18x9 and 18x10 in the rear wheels 3 inch lip in the front 5 inch lip in the rear 245 up front 285 in the rear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:23 pm 

Good info to know.

Go ahead and post some pics of your car and say hiya to everyone here...
http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Everyone loves a clean Z32, so don't take too long to post that intro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:38 pm 

Vagabond's right, Tony ~ we all love to hear from new members. On our homepage, look at the top for "JOIN OUR CLUB" and press that icon. Your personal registration information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL ~ we don't sell our membership list or share it with anyone. Anything you want our 300 members to know about you, you'll have to tell them yourself.

Once you're a Registered Member, our Webmaster (Jim Hagani, owner of three classic Z31s) will give you a password for our Member Rides gallery, where you can post pictures of your beauty for all of us to enjoy.

We're looking fwd to getting you into the fold, and you can meet us this coming weekend at our 2nd Annual Z Car Show at Middletown Nissan. We also have our biggest annual bash coming up next month ~ a free picnic for all members and their families. You can see a picture of last year's picnic on our homepage.

Looking fwd to hearing from you very soon.
Frank T
Membership Director/CTZCC
Apr/70 240Z #02807