Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:46 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: iPod Dock for 370 Z
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:42 pm 
I have a new 370z with an iPod connector. The included cable will not charge my gen 2 iTouch or gen 3 iPhone. Any ideas on what manufacture to contact to get the new cable configuration; Nissan was no use at all... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:46 pm 

Henry, I don't have the answer to your direct question, but may I ask what dealership you got the Z from? They should provide each new owner with an instruction manual for every electronic device they offer on the 370Z.

Others may chime in here with more informative answers, but I'd like to know who sold you the car without instructions.

Frank T
MbrshipDir/CTZCC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 pm 

Quote:
iPod® Charging with Nissan Interface System for iPod®

APPLIED VEHICLES: All Nissan with Nissan Interface System for iPod®(factory installed or accessory installed)

SERVICE INFORMATION

Please be aware that a recent design change was made by Apple to their iPod® and iPhone® products. As a result of this change, some customers may report that their iPod®/iPhone® device does not charge while connected to the Nissan Interface System for iPod®.

The Nissan Interface System for iPod® was designed to charge the customer’s iPod® with a 12-volt power source, which has been supported by all Apple iPod® and iPhone® devices until the latest generation. After Apple’s design change, these new devices only support charging via a 5-volt source, which the Interface System does not provide. Customers may see error messages on the device screen, or notice that the device’s battery discharges while connected to their vehicle’s interface system. Please note that while charging may not be supported, playback and control through the vehicle’s audio system are still available.

Compatible Devices:

All Apple devices that support charging via a FireWire® connection are compatible with the Nissan Interface System for iPod®. These include:

• iPod® Classic – 1st through 6th generation
• iPod® Mini – 1st through 2nd generation
• iPod® Nano – 1st through 3rd generation
• iPod® Touch – 1st generation
• iPhone® - 1st generation

NOTE: Refer to the vehicle Owner’s Manual for further Nissan Interface System
Information.

Non-compatible devices (as of 12/8/2008):

• iPhone® 3G
• iPod® Nano – 4th generation
• iPod® Touch – 2nd generation

Nissan Bulletins are intended for use by qualified technicians, not 'do-it-yourselfers'. Qualified technicians are
properly trained individuals who have the equipment, tools, safety instruction, and know-how to do a job
properly and safely. NOTE: If you believe that a described condition may apply to a particular vehicle, DO
NOT assume that it does. See your Nissan dealer to determine if this applies to your vehicle.

Nissan is working closely with Apple to ensure full compatibility with our future Interface Systems, but as Apple’s change was made without adequate notification to Nissan, at this time there is no plan to modify the current Interface Systems for the 2009 model year.

Please make customers aware that there are products available in the aftermarket designed to reduce the 12V power source to 5V and should enable their device to charge while connected to their vehicle. A few examples are provided below, however, Nissan expects these types of aftermarket solutions to become even more widely available considering that Apple’s change has impacted the charging ability of many automotive OEM’s iPod® integration systems.

Aftermarket Solutions:
PLEASE NOTE: Nissan has not tested any of these aftermarket solutions and makes no endorsement, warranty, or guarantee of performance or compatibility for any specific third party accessory. These devices are advertised by their respective manufacturers to resolve 12V to 5V charging issues, but have not been designed for or tested with Nissan vehicles.

• Scosche Passport - Scosche Industries : Car Audio Accessories, iPod Accessories, Bluetooth Wireless Accessories, EFX Hyperformance, Accumat Sound Damping, Soundkase audio backpacks, CD and DVD storage systems at Scosche.com

• CableJive Charge Converter - CableJive: Charge Converter for iPhone and iPod

• Ridax Charge Converter - Redirecting you to Ridax programutveckling

Customer Service:
For further questions and comments, customers may always feel free to contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1-800-647-7261.
2/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:58 pm 
This information should do it; I'm so glad I joined up. :D [/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:32 pm 

And we're glad to have you here, Henry! I learn something new about these carz every time I open this website.

Over half the stuff I've learned in the past 30 days has come from Vagabond! :lol:

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:07 pm 

Unemployment has few advantages...