Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:45 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:00 am 

The 240Z should NOT have A/C. Why kill the sportscar feel and performance by encumbering it with a compressor? Roll the windows down and enjoy the sights and sounds of a REAL sportscar!

Buy a Maxima if you want A/C!

:lol:

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 pm 

And THAT,my friends,iz why he's the Prez!
Zee ya in July.

Al

Post subject: ac
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:53 pm 

hey brother frank,can i put my two cents in? i had a new setup given to me by a friend that worked at a nissan dealer in the day.back then they came in the hatch and was installed at the dealership.they worked marginal at best back then, so i sold it to a guy that just had to have it.well, he installed it and is very unhappy because it doesn't work as planned.the noise is high and the cooling is subpar and the power is off, as in horsepower. the new units are much better and i'm quite sure much more efficient. don't take one from a '74 or newer car, as they were not very good either, i know, i had a '74 with factory ac, with very low miles, and it was useless, at best!! try an after market unit, such as vintage air, we use them in our hotrods, and they work good.i use my car mainly at night, so i have no need for ac, and with your schedule, i hardly see the need for the extra 1000 bucks spent on something that may or maynot be used.i love having the windows down so i can hear the parts falling off my old tin can, and the wind blowing thru my lack of hair, but i still have my ponytail!!!! lol!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:21 pm 

:lol: Thanks Mike!

The Vintage Air unit is what, all under-hood, or does it have one of those dorky underdash breadboxes ahead of the passenger's knees?

Post subject: ac
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:42 am 

the vintage air units are like a bread box, but fit into some very tight spots, and should not be discounted. they take the spot of your heater area now, and may or maynot show more than the factory units. the only drawback i see with these is it is not factory, and do you want your car that far off from factory, being it is a series one?!! after all you are a purist! mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:16 am 

Frank, do the reverse of what I did. I have had my 280Z for ripping up the town with tech, power, and comfort. Now, I bought an good old vintage 240Z that will be down and dirty, plain and simple.

It might be cheaper AND easier to pick up a good clean 280Z with A/C for those long trips in inclement weather, and keep the 240Z as is. By cheaper, I mean investment wise. It has a higher upfront investment than sticking an AC in a 240Z but you end up with two cars of value.

Besides, it doesn't hurt so much when modifying a high-VIN 280Z. Bumper swap, suspension upgrades...and you have a great handling car that looks the part; with AC.