Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:12 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Frank's 71 parts car!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:36 am 

Fellow members: I just want to take a moment to say Thank You, to Frank Thomas for his hard work, and dedication to the CTZCC. As most of you know, Frank procured this car with the expressed intent of donating all proceeds from the sale of this cars parts to the club. This doesn't even begin to tell the whole story. Frank has spent many hours, removing parts, and getting them ready to ship, to various places unknown!
One of those places is my front door here in Battle Ground, Washington, and i can't thank him enough.
So Frank, heres to a job well done! Thanks again!
Dan Linquist :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:29 pm 

And you're welcome, Sir! :D

Disassembling one of these beauties is a learning experience. Knowing that the parts are going to other Series-1 Datsun Z cars (such as Dan's Jan/70 car #1651) is a real motivator. I'm intentionally asking very little $ for parts so that our CTZCC members can have those hard-to-find bits at a price they can afford for the holidays, and the Club gets the benefit of the sales going to the kitty, to help fund next year's events. I'm also grateful to the CTZCC members who have stopped by to help me strip the car carefully. It's being taken apart with dignity, patience and respect, at least.

I hate to see any old Z car die, but now HLS30-41421 (Sep/71) is being shared with other Z lovers, so it will live on in many other old Series-1 cars.

Thanks for the good words, Dan ~ your parts should be clean and sent to you next week. And thanks also to the many other CTZCC member/customers who have participated in this project to make it a financial success for our Club. The partZ are only being offered to Club members. I'll try to Post some pictures here later on, to show the progress.

If you need a part from a 1971 240Z, EMail me (Frank@CTZCC.Com).

Z ya!
Frank T