Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:13 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:10 am 

well like that title says when i turn the switch i just get the high beams i have checked the fuses and the relays they all seemed good this has happened once before but it self corrected any idea any one?? damm gremlins

Last edited by Allan Garcia on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:48 am 

first go thru and check all your ground, battery to engine, battery to chassis, fuse box to chassis, switch to colum....etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:50 am 

do you know where all the grounds are at the car is stock as far as my dad and i know

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:09 pm 

300zx

Do you have a manual.

If not this may help.

http://carfiche.com/manuals023/cars/

Pat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:30 pm 

Is this one of those Daytime Driving Light switches?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:22 am 

still have no idea whats going on with the car i got a cheep multimeter from pepboys and my dad got the left pod gauge ($10) to see if it is the switch in the pod but its not (now i can start the led conversion ) my guess its a ground i know its not the stereo because it was wired into the fuse box and now that we took out the wires to see if that was the problem and it wasnt so that leaves the other ground points, fuse box, the high beam switch in the column (but i can still use the turn signals ) or a realy that i might have missed i need to go over the relays with the multimeter now that i got it any one want to come over and help or maybe have a late Tech meet :D :wink: ill provide the pizza :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:22 am 

Pizza is my magic word, but it'll probably be cold by the time I get there. Could be the switch itself. I would start there. Relays and grounds never seem to be the issue when I have electrical problems, it's useally always the switches. Don't rule those out though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:56 am 

well i still have the problem and haven't had the time to work on the car considering that i work for the Bridgeport transit authority and with the holidays work has consumed my life but now that i have some free time i can again work on the car yay but just for thanks giving day lol now i just have to figure out how to test them i know i use the OHMS ( the horse shoe looking thing) i have several setting ( 200, 2000, 20k 200k, and 200k) i believe that i have to use the 200 setting and i should get a reading but i dont know what the reading should be i also have a setting where i can apply voltage directly (1.5v and 9v BATT) dont know what one i should use or if i ahve to use a 12v source other than that i have no idea how to test the relays LOL sorry fro the wall of text with no punctuation :P and thanks for putting up with me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:12 am 

I FIXED IT YAY ME !!!! it was a simple fuse the whole time it was the wrong size (15 insead of a 10) i just switched it out and now it works like a charm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:26 am 

Hurrah! :D

Good work! Does that mean you can drive it now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:39 am 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i got some marvel mystery oil for the gas and oil and its awesome i need to change the oil again in about a week to get all the gunk that was in there previously out and start with some new fresh oil and i also want to do the LED conversion does any one in the club know how to do it of now then it means im going to have to learn then offer my service to the club :D