Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:50 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: AHHHH CAR WONT TURN OVER
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:39 am 

i keep getting a clicking sound when i try to turn the ignition its a fast repetitive click that causes all the dash lights to go on and off i dont keep the key turned on just as long as it would take me to turn the car on but its strange i think its just the battery but my friend might think its the starter or the alternator but i think he just jealous (lol) but im worried it never done this before i hope it just the battery any ideas any one ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:14 am 

Sounds like your battery to me. Could be as simple as dirty battery terminals, or there loose. Dash lights flickering gives it away. Good luck, and lets hope that's all it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:55 am 

Def sounds like battery connectivity, remove the cable connectors from the battery and wire brush/scrape them out really good so they shine, same for the battery posts. If they are clean check the cable attachments at the starter itself and negative cable grounding point on the chassis.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:24 am 

Jumpstart that sucker and then stop leaving the radio playing while you're parked! :lol:
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:33 am 

ita a rule of mine to never leave the car on when its not moving unless its at a stop light or sign lol :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 pm 

well i got news its not the battery unfortunately its the alternator I am not surprised though its a old car does any one know a good shop and how much does a alternator go for and suggestion for one? soo it look like my daily driver is out of commission for while

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:55 pm 

I don't know how I missed your last post. If you need partZ for your Z car and want to buy new, then YES! We all know an excellent source for partZ and one which will save you money.

Our sponsoring dealership, NISSAN of Darien, will supply your new partZ at a discount *IF* you are fully registered as a member of this club.

On our Homepage, click on their business logo and explore them. A call to their parts dept will show you how much you can save by buying thru them. You have to tell them you're a member and they confirm that with Ross. Since you're only down the street from them, you can have your alternator quickly and cheap, too! :D Life don't get much better than that.

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:56 pm 

well i believe that i am a member lol i have to double check but for some reason i cant post pixs but but i do have a user name and pass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:10 am 

Immediately check with Jim Hagani. He's our WbMstr and will ensure you have an ID account open to enter photos. Once you have that (free) you can post/remove/update as many pictures as you wish. We will also notify the Prez that you might be interested in buying your car partZ from NISSAN of Darien at our 20% discount. He'll make sure they know about you. It's easy.
("So easy a Porsche driver can do it").
See Jim at (Webmaster@CTZCC.Com).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:24 am 

well i am apart of the club i just down loaded my second pic (the one with my brother in it LOL) but other than that i told my dad NOT to take it to miller nissan/ford dealer (they charge way too much we payed almost 1000 for 2 injectors when we got the car ) but yeah hopefully i get it fixed before the 18 but it looks like is going to be unlikely (started a job 2 week ago and pay is every 2 weeks :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:25 am 

OK, you probably qualify for the Club's NEW MEMBER BROKEN CAR FUND, where President Ross gives you a free shoebox tightly packed with $20 bills.
(Wait.......WHAT? We're not doing that anymore? Why not? Ran out of money? WHO ran out of money?.......he bought a GT-R?!.....Oh_). :cry:

Never mind, 300zx. Sorry. :oops:

But the GOOD news is, you can still come to the picnic! This year's event is more about the members than about their cars. I'm arriving in a Ford, and I'm the Membership Director! :roll: My car will be ready for next years' picnic, but I don't have to "show it at the door" to get in this year.

C'mon in and meet us all anyway! We don't care if you drive your Dad's Lincoln or your Mom's Jaguar ~ Tom Wasney will be sharing some of his 1,000 free hotdogs and you can look at other 300zx cars and get some ideas for your own car.

ALSO~ I have a used 300zx alternator I can LOAN you (L-O-A-N you) to get you to the picnic if you want to do it that way. I bought it to upgrade my 240Z but haven't started mounting it on my car yet. It could get you to the picnic and you could roadtest it for me ~ a win/win scenario! Let me know if you want to borrow (b-o-r-r-o-w) it and we can meet halfway btwn our homes for a hand-off.

Either way ~ you CAN'T MISS THIS EVENT! :)

Frank T
MbrshpDir

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 am 

well Ross can donate his GT-R i wont mind lol ( don't think any one would mind if they got a GT-R LOL) as for the alternator i would love to use yours but then i might get lazy removing it lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:15 pm 

That would be no problem, guy ~ after a few weeks I'd remove it myself (with a SawZall!) :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:05 am 

i was wondering if i get a alternator would some one be willing to help me install it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:03 am 

Shure, bring it out here to Rhode Island. :twisted: I would help if I could. :) Do what every first mechanic does, start tearing things apart until you get it out. Of course then you have to put it back together. :P