Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Help Needed From Mass
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:04 am 

The post below is from new member Gary Williams. Let's help this guy get his Z back on the road!

Hi and thank you for letting me join the club. I live in Mass., sorry!!! but there aren't any clubs there, I believe. I have had 3, 280z's in the last 12 yrs. I love them!! My problem is my 75' 280Z!!!....my windsheild wipers weren't working, and a mechanic "friend" of mine cut the power wire from the wiper motor, and ran a wire with a fuse in it directly to the fuse box, it worked for 2 mnths. like that , never cut wires like that, I guess? ..... I was coming home one night with the wiper wire not connected to the fuse box, 2 a.m, and 10 miles from home, all of a sudden the headlights went out, the dash went black, and all I could smell was electrical smoke. Must have been a power surge? or something.
I made it home, "THANK GOODNESS", went out the next morning and looked under the dash, and I could see was that the harness was fried!! The junction box where the harnesses all connect, in the passenger compartment was a mess!!! Melted plugs and wires!!! I had to replace the dash-engine harnesses, that I bought from a Z parts co. So, I'm assuming they are "good". I also bought a brand new fuel pump, and an ignition coil from Nissan..... I think I put it "ALL" back together the right way, but am not sure. I drew a diagram of how the harnesses connect at the junction box, but I can't find it!!! I don't know, if it is right???
My question is.....does anybody have or know where I can get access to a diagram of how they plug into the "box"? I also got a brain box, and ECU from EBAY, I don't know if they are good or not!! So, I'm stuck with a NON-running Z........if anybody could point me in the right direction to get it on the road again it would be greatly appreciated!! Sorry to bore you with my story!! Thanxx for reading.....am I wasting my time? It might be up for sale if anyone is interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:45 pm 

Gary,

Not sure if you already have the FSM for your model 75 280z, but I've included a link to a site where you can download a free PDF copy. There is a section on the electrical system in your car. The Xenon websites have many nissan reference manuals for the s30, s130, z31, z32's and z33's.

http://www.xenons30.com/files/FSM/1975% ... %20FSM.pdf

http://www.xenons30.com/reference.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:42 pm 

I'm in R.I and have a 75 and 76 I'm parting. Both are fairly complete. If you need to look at something, or even a part, I can help that way. Also, if you break down the systems to help analyze the problem, that would help. Do you have spark? Do have fuel? do you have injector pulse? Do you have air? Of course you do, or we all would be dead. (unless there is a rats nest in the intake.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:13 pm 

:D I love this club!

:lol: