Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 pm 

For those of you who have 90-96 300zx Z32 Twin Turbo Zs here is some important information.

When Nissan designed the radiator, they made it just large enough to handle the stock horsepower and on hot days, even with no power upgrades, it is still not able to keep up. Long before any larger radiators where being produced I ran my Z at Lime Rock, alot. I tapped an aftermarket gauge into the stock rad. and watched as time after time my temp went to 240 deg. and above. On the street, on a hot day, the gauge on the dash would be fine, right at halfway, but the gauge I had put in was reading 220-230 deg. Wow! Ever since the installation of the aluminum larger radiator on the street, on a hot day 180 deg., on the track 93 deg. weather 210 deg. full out running on the track.
Also, the long radiator hose at the bottom of the radiator that travels along for 2' and connects to lower water pipe leading into the block has been known to collapse due to age. A radiator hard pipe kit is the answer.

Both of these issues are not "sometimes" things, if you own a Z32 it is running hot!

My suggestion, if you are planning on or have already done mods to your z, is to make it a priority to get an aftermarket radiator and radiator hard pipe kit. I see too many heavily modified 300's coming into my shop with stock units in them. Fellas you are cooking her good.

Making these changes cures the problem of overheating, because as we all know heat is the enemy!

Hope this helps

Of more info on this feel free to contact me at rich@RDZ300.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 am 

Rich@RDZ wrote:
For those of you who have 90-96 300zx Z32 Twin Turbo Zs here is some important information.

When Nissan designed the radiator, they made it just large enough to handle the stock horsepower and on hot days, even with no power upgrades, it is still not able to keep up.
Long before any larger radiators where being produced I ran my Z at Lime Rock, a lot. I tapped an aftermarket gauge into the stock rad. and watched as time after time my temp went to 240 deg. and above. On the street, on a hot day, the gauge on the dash would be fine, right at halfway, but the gauge I had put in was reading 220-230 deg. Wow! Ever since the installation of the aluminum larger radiator on the street, on a hot day 180 deg., on the track 93 deg. weather 210 deg. full out running on the track.
Also, the long radiator hose at the bottom of the radiator that travels along for 2' and connects to lower water pipe leading into the block has been known to collapse due to age. A radiator hard pipe kit is the answer.

Both of these issues are not sometimes things, if you own a Z32 it is running hot!

My suggestion, if you are planning on or have already done mods to your z, is to make it a priority to get an aftermarket radiator and radiator hard pipe kit. I see to many heavily modified 300's coming into my shop with stock units in them. Fellas you are cooking her good.

Making these changes cures the problem of overheating, because as we all know heat is the enemy!

Hope this helps

Of more info on this feel free to contact me at rich@RDZ300.com

Another fine point.
We at RDZ not only research and develop, we also like to Educate so I thought I would drag this back out of the
cob webs for others to take another look.
Feel free to give us a call at RDZ's shop 203 628 7725
for any questions or to schedule a service.

Black 2007 350-Z
67 Camaro Custom
Orange Late 71 240-Z Sold and sitting in a Doctors Collection

Colin Foote Never Forgotten!!

Post subject: radiator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:05 am 

I know for the fact that radiator hose collapse due to age that is why there is a need to replace it after sometime. Anyway, I got my new radiator hose from racepages.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 am 

So what do you suggest for a radiator in a Z32 TT, modded "a bit"....? Source?

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester