Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:47 am 

DAVE RUSSELL, ARE YOU THERE?

EVER SINCE YOU E-MAILED ME PICTURES OF YOUR HOME-FABRICATED TRIPLE-SU CARB SETUP FOR YOUR 240Z, I'VE BEEN DIEING ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT.

HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU DO THAT? WHAT PROBLEMS DID YOU ENCOUNTER, HOW WELL DID THEY WORK, AND (SINCE YOU'VE EVENTUALLY REPLACED THEM WITH WEBERS), 'WHERE IS THAT SET-UP NOW?'
:P

I REMEMBER THE OLD SPOKE-WHEELED ASTON MARTINS, E-JAGUARS, XK150-"S" AND BJ8 AUSTIN HEALEYS ALL HAD TRIPLE SUs, AND THEY SOUNDED AND PERFORMED BETTER THAN ANYTHING ELSE ON THE ROAD.

TELL US ABOUT THE L-24 WITH 'TRI-POWER', PLEASE. DID YOU USE THE STOCK CAMSHAFT? ARE YOU ABLE TO MAKE SIMILAR MANIFOLDS FOR THOSE OF US WHO WANT TO BE DIFFERENT? :twisted:

(I'M REALLY GLAD YOU'RE PART OF THIS CLUB!!!)

THNX IN ADVANCE/
FRANK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 7:23 pm 

Dave has Posted new photos of this Triple SU setup under his car entry in the Members Rides forum. I can't believe how "stock" he made them look!

There are also new photos of his Datsun wagon and a badly deteriorated HLS30-00958, the oldest-known 240Z in CT (and maybe in New England)., before he completely restored it.

Check this out!

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:20 pm 

Sorry I have taken so long to reply to your post about my SU Trips. I can't exactly tell you why I built them up other than I had all the parts and the fab and welding wasn't to difficult all things concidered. The hardest part of the build was the jetting and of course "balancing". The upside to them is a bit more mid range and even more top end. The bottom end as you might think, suffered slightly from what I could only suppect was a lower port velocity even with a slightly longer cam than stock (? .440L / 240D ?) All in all they worked fairly well and given a little more time I probally would have worked out all the bugs. They did pass emissions! The carbs and motor/drivetrain sits on a rack waiting....The 72 Z now has a 3.1 Liter Stroker in it with as you might suppect some other special attractions and it goes VERY well. :D