Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New member from PA
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:54 pm 

Late intro, but just saying hi. I'm Michael, a former owner of a '71 and '72 240Z as well as an '87 Z31 turbo and an '05 350Z.
I've owned many cars but my '72 Z was my favorite.

-Hopefully another S30 soon!

Post subject: Re: New member from PA
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:19 am 

Later is better than never Michael. Welcome aboard, we're happy to have you with us.
It's a strange thing how, once bitten by the Z Bug, one never fully recovers. I hope you find another one under you soon. We might have a few you'd be interested in considering.

We also have two other great members down near Scranton, Jay and Rick. Jay had the most-beautiful 260Z I'd seen in about 45 years, but it had a bit of bad luck. :roll: Rick has owned a doZen Zs and is moving from up here in CT to down there near Scranton. He has several project and parts Zs to move and he might consider talking with you about one or more of them.

I'd also recommend you introduce yrslf to our member John Taddonio (screen name ZCARNUT) in the Z Car Club of Rochester. The ZCCR is the largest Z club near to you and they put on some really spectacular events each year, COVID permitting.

I wish you well in your quest and hope to help you if I can.

Frank T

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:58 am 

I appreciate it, Frank...thank you again! Yes, Covid has hampered alot this year, but its also given me ambition to find something I love again, with some luck. I thought I'd found it several years ago when I bought a low mileage Pontiac Solstice when I was out looking for something new. I've owned it almost 4 years and it still only has 37K on it and is bone stock, garaged, etc.

But, we both know its not a Z. Haha!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:29 pm 

I will mention that I am, in fact, very actively looking for another 240Z, here locally, as well as around the country.
So, having said that, anyone who might be looking to sell, I would definitely be interested in meeting with. ALL my cars like this, or more importantly, cars I have a special connection to are garaged either here at home, or in my storage garage.

Maybe a little more about myself here, so you all can get to know me more. I am almost 41 years old, I enjoy the purity of the Z car, and also enjoy meets, shows, events as well as having helped coordinate several charity events locally here in the past.
The L-type engine is arguably one of my favorite engines. Owning several different Z cars over the years, I can confidently say it produces the most aurally pleasing sound. My '87 Z31 turbo was 100% stock. My '05 350Z(Daytona Blue) only had a factory Nismo exhaust as it's only modification and yet my '72 240Z still trumped the others in every way.

Frank was kind enough to mention that Rick and others here might have something I would be interested in....and I am, so if anyone reads this, please don't hesitate to message me.
I am currently also listing my 2007 Pontiac Solstice for sale/trade here locally, with all time, money and energy going towards another Z.

-Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:08 am 

Welcome Michael!

I sent you a PM but wanted to say hi out here too! This is a great group of people, you are going to like it here!

Good luck in your Z search.

Jay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:58 am 

Thanks again, Jay! I did also send you a PM on here too, such a warm welcome from all! Looking forward to meeting everyone I can soon!
8)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:24 pm 

The CTZCC began about 20yrs ago when a small handful of Z enthusiasts began meeting for coffee one day a week in southwest Connecticut. As soon as they formed a club, doZens of avid Z owners poured out of the woodwork to join them. Eventually we became the #1 active Z site on the internet, and the most-active Z Club in the USA with over 800 members and nearly 1,000 cars. We aren't an internet club ~ we really met and "most of us know most of us" is an appropriate slogan.

Altho they have an active Antique And Classic Automobile club, I happen to know the Scranton area doesn't have a Z club.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/Scranton-Regi ... 457/posts/

Maybe the 3 of you CTZCC Clubbies should share a pot coffee at the local donut shop? 8)

Greater Scranton Z Car Club
Scranton Area Z Car Club
Z Car Club of Scranton
Northern PA Z Car Club
Coal Country Z Car Club

Frank T

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 pm 

Are you trying to get rid of us Frank? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:31 pm 

Absolutely not.
You will remain a cherished member of the CTZCC for life.
You can't quit a free Club. :lol:

BUT ~ the presidents and founders of several other Z clubs joined us, studied us for a year or two, then began their own Z clubs modeled after ours. They remain dual-members with no conflict of interest, and we have years of happy memories together to fall back on.

It's important that we develop a little patchwork of Z organiZations around the country, in order to afford camaraderie and support to as many Z owners and enthusiasts as possible. Usually all it takes is a public announcement that you're starting a Datsun/Nissan Z and Roadster club in your area, and you will be amaZed at the number of 'secret' owners who suddenly flood your mailbox.

Free clubs with clean family-oriented rules usually do best.
The little "HotRod Honda" gangs don't do well for long.
Form a club, not a gang.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:36 pm 

As long as you aren't kicking me out Frank :mrgreen:

Yes, family oriented club is the kind to go with. After all the club is really more about the people than it is the cars, but the cars are what we all enjoy.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:31 am 

Frank T wrote:
You can't quit a free Club. :lol:

Frank - You're bringing back a really funny memory when someone (Paul Mackin?) was enraged that the club was going to start charging dues based upon the distance they lived from my house in Darien (April Fool's joke). Good times!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 11:53 am 

Haha! We all remember that, Mister President, and about the time you announced your intention to merge the CTZCC with a (non-existent) Dodge Neon Club :lol: I was MbrshipDir at that time and my PM box filled up overnight with wails and moans and gnashing of teeth!

Or about the time you announced the discovery of a 30-year-old Japanese transport shipwreck full of spankin'-new 240z cars beached on some tiny Pacific island.

Or about the time you announced the sale and Resto-Mod of Lucky 13, etc.

Your April fools humor is sharp, and we fell for it (altho briefly) each year. :mrgreen: