Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:40 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:51 pm 

Hello everyone! I'm not currently a Z owner, but I'm working on that. The first car i ever owned was a 84 300ZX na. I had it while I was in the Army. I had to abandon it when I changed duty stations couldn't drive both my cars (had a Sentra Spec-V)and I couldn't afford to ship it. I've always regretted it. I hope for my next one to be an 84 turbo. So for now I'm just collecting information, planning what parts I need, what order I should do things in and so on. I'm not an auto mechanic by any means but I can figure most mechanical things out. my biggest challenge is going to be figuring out the computer stuff (ECU and NIStune). So anyway thanks for letting me join and thanks for all the write ups and information and keeping Z31s alive!!!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:03 pm 

Hi Plunder! Welcome aboard, and thanks for your service in the Army.

A lot of our members joined us before they owned a Z, and I feel confident they learned a lot about the cars they eventually bought by talking with us before hand.
The Z31 helped make the Z car the most popular sports/GT car in automotive history (not hype, actual fact). There are some for sale currently but you should have an idea what you're looking for before you throw money on any of them. They had FAR more options than the 240/260/280 ever had. What do you suspect you would definitely want in a Z31? (Manual/auto, digital dash, turbo, color, rooftop options, etc).

We're having our annual Z Car Show next month in North Haven, and you should certainly drift down this way and meet us and look the cars over to see if you get any ideas. Some people bring their Zs to our show to sell them, too...hey, you never know. Show's free to you and you are bound to find about 100 people to talk to about your ideas.

Frank