Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:33 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:58 pm 

Hi everyone, my name is Isaias, but my friends call me Boying. I am a new member of the CTZCC and I am exited to be part of the awesome/amazing club. To be honest, I really don't know what to pun in here. But, I think I'll write my heart out. (Here it goes)... I am 34 year old and married for 2 years now to the most beautiful, most smartest and most understanding woman in "my world"... :mrgreen: I work as a Q.C. Analyst for both Chemistry and Biology. I put God and my family first, then my Z then everything else.

I own a 2003 Nissan 350Z, I've owned it since 2013... and it's the best! I fell in love with the Datsun/Nissan Z back in 2007, I was a graduating student for my second degree. There she was... a black 350Z with wide fenders, rear diffuser, front diffuser and front canard and a big wing. Not long after that, I saw an all black 300ZX, and I could hear the turbos spool from two blocks away!

A year after getting married, my wife bought me Z! I was so happy and grateful. Now, I've decided to build my Z for daily driving and track... I'm hoping to get into Time Attack Race. I joined the club to learn more about my own Z and meet new people that shares my love for the Z and racing. I love to listen and I am hungry for knowledge. I am hoping that everyone could give me some advice with my project.

Well, I think that sums it all up. (How did I do?)

Isaias

Attachments:
File comment: My Z
1024224534.jpg
1024224534.jpg [ 77.27 KiB | Viewed 9579 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:49 pm 

Hi Isaias, and wecome! You did fine, but I have to say your wife did better! If that's the Z she bought you, you married well. How happy you must be ~ what a beautiful car.
And I like the way you listed your priorities. :thumbs_up: You've got them in the right order. :wink:

There are lots of 350s and 370s in this Club, and you'll meet a number of people who have 'massaged' their Zs to do more than just daily-driver duty. Among our members are the guys at RDZ (Research and Development for the Z) in Danbury CT, very near you. They can modify your car to any extent you want.

http://rdzmotorsports.com/

Members of the CTZCC also include members of our sister club, the NYZCC. NYZCC's PreZident Clive Bogle (Evil Z) is an active member here at CTZCC. He has a whole hoard of Zs in downtown NYC and I'm sure you'll be hearing from him soon, too.

http://www.nyzcc.org/

To the South of you are our friends in the NJZCC, who visited us two weekends ago with a fantastic array of outstanding new and old Z cars at our annual Bob Sharp Day on the Lime Rock racetrack. I'm sure you'll meet some of them, too.

http://www.njzclub.com/

Which gearbox did you get?
Do you let your wife drive the car too? (after all, she bought it for you!)

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:47 am 

Thank you for the worm welcome, Frank! Yeah, my wife is everything to me. She's awesome! She even support my car paroject.

I am really thrilled to be part of the Z Club. And I must say... WOW! There's a Research and Development for the Zs! I can't wait to visit. Hopefully my boss would allow me to miss a day of work... haha...

I really haven't done much on my Z since my wife got it... let's see... currently, I have exhaust upgrade on with an H pipe instead of a Y pipe, I changed the OEM pedals to the RS pedals, changed the shifter knob, it has navigation, carbon fiber hood, carbon fiber engine cover, carbon fiber cooling plate, XXR rims 18s, and clutch. It's a bit heavy, but it engage really quick. I think that's about it. Right now, I need to replace the felx pipe and get rid of the kill switch and back to OEM spec. It's still a long way, but hopefully I'll get there soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:18 pm 

Você fala qualquer Portugueses?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:53 pm 

No, I'm Filipino. :D But, one of the Philippines' national heroes was Portuguese. Magellan, if I'm not mistaken.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:45 pm 

I've been to Olongopo...does that count? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:49 pm 

Yes! It does count. How did you like it? Hot, right?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 am 

:D It rained 20 minutes of every hour I was there!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:45 am 

Welcome Isaias! My wife and I joined recently also. So far, the 2 meetings and the Lime Rock event were great! People are filled with knowledge and/or know where to go to learn it. They've steered me to a couple of places in my Z project car. It is on the road (after 12 years) but there are so many things it needs. One step at a time! Meanwhile, I'm driving it during this Summer!

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:15 pm 

@Frank: Ahhh... it was probably the La Niña season. Sorry, you should visit Burakay. The place is really awesome... hot, but awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:20 pm 

@Jay: Thank you so much for the warm welcome Jay! I'm really happy that I joined the club. Everybody is so nice and welcoming. I just can't wait to learn more and finish my project. I'm excited to go to one of the meets, I just feel I'm going to learn a lot.

Again, thank you so much for the awesome welcome.