Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:07 pm 

Hello fellow Z enthusiast, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Thomas my friends call me Tommy or Tommyguns. I'm55 years young, married to a very understanding wife, I'm blessed with two wonderful children, a son starting his second year at WVU (go mountaineer's) and a daughter that's entering her senior year of high school. I became a lover of the Z when I first laid my eyes on one back in 76, I was 16 at the time and didn't even have my license, my neighbor purchased a white 240 and I knew one day I would have one. Fast forward 4 years and the purchase of my first, a 72 240Z mint condition. Metallic blue(can't remember the exact Datsun name of the color), I added a Bob Sharp air dam, knock off spokes, louvers and what I believe was to be the first, smoked out headlight lens covers. It was a real looker. Long story short, the rotting metal got me! Then came the 91 300, great car but I should have grabbed the twin turbo I was eyeing up(regret it till this day), sold it for a 88 anniversary vette. So go forward 25 years turning fifty mention the car to my wife and the next thing you know, she has me at a Nissan dealership 50 miles from my house to surprise me with the exact car I couldn't find already purchased, my 2009 Magnetic Black 6spd sport addition that I just can't stop toying with. I love this car, the list of things I've done is as long as my intro(lol)my latest is the installation of Nitrous. I do most of the work on my car, unless it requires a lift. So I'll end it there with this, I look forward to meeting everyone at the bbq this weekend and future events.
Regards,
Tommyguns

Attachments:
20150610_145753_resized.jpg
20150610_145753_resized.jpg [ 93.63 KiB | Viewed 8310 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:29 pm 

Hey Tommyguns! I'm a couple months new to the club also. I have found everyone to be most warm and welcoming to my wife and I.

Yes, see you at Lime Rock! If you look over the forum topics, one is a caravan that meets in Southbury, CT at a MickeyD's at 9am.

See you,

Jay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:48 pm 

T-Guns; welcome! Your intro almost made me cry! Kudos to your wife; what a GREAT thing for her to do! Your 370 looks deadly-serious and I'll bet it's a blast to drive. You must talk with the members from our sponsor RDZ [http://rdzmotorsports.com/] this weekend at LRP about your nitrous setup and compare notes with them about what they do to the 350/370 platform.
Looking fwd to meeting you and zeeing your monster Z. Glad you found us. (*how DID you find us?)

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm 

Thanks for the welcome! Truth be told, I got choked up writing it, and your response didn't help! She's my life! Funny thing, I was corresponding with Rich at RDZ about tuning my Z, at the time I was running UpRev and he was the ONLY one I contacted that made me feel very confident that he could tune my Z with the recently installed nitrous to the point of it being safe yet bring that big nitrous smile to my face. Well just before I was to meet him, long story short I was sponsored a license and cable from EcuTek on the condition I go to one of two shops offered for the tune. It seems I'm the first nitrous inspired 370Z to be EcuTek tuned, you can check it out on their facebook page. I'm very happy with the outcome and I will post the numbers in the appropriate forum, I don't want to start an UpRev EcuTek war on my first day posting lol. I'm really looking forward to meeting you, Rich and the rest of the members. I was Google searching local Z clubs in the Tri State area.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:06 am 

Welcome Fellas! Always room for more Z nuts!

Take a ride and join us for ZCCR MOTORFEST next weekend! Laps at Watkins Glen International, a steak roast and a fantastic car show! A great excuse for a road trip to Rochester NY in a Z! Info attached...

http://www.zccr.net/wp-content/uploads/ ... -15_R1.pdf

Attachments:
POSTER COLOR FINALSMALL.jpg
POSTER COLOR FINALSMALL.jpg [ 132.43 KiB | Viewed 8295 times ]

1984 300ZXT
zcarnut@hotmail.com
FB: Zccr zcarclubofrochester

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:30 am 

Great story TommyGunz! I think most of us have stories to share. With mine I was on a cross country road trip with my son when he turned 18. We were driving outside of Chicago and next to us was a flat bed with a pristine silver 240z. I told him how I always admired z's when I was his age, but economic realities kept them out of my reach. Anyway, two month later for my 50th birthday my wife and son surprise me with a '78 280z. I've been enjoying it for the last 5 years.

Paco

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:26 pm 

Great story! I vacation mostly be land, now with the addition of the frequent trips to WVU, me and the misses are always on the lookout for a 240.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 pm 

Welcome Tommy!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:22 am 

Ross.Williams wrote:
Welcome Tommy!

Thank You.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:11 pm 

It was good to meet you at the track ystrdy Tommy, even tho we didn't get a lot of time to talk together. Hope you get involved in our future meetings and events!

Frank