Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am 

Hey all, glad to join you. Spend the last 10 years wrenching on my 2005 WRX STi, but looking for something a little more classic to work on for the next few decades. Plus I will need to swap the STi for a DD a little more family friendly. Time to go full weekend/project car in its place.

I plan to come out and meet some of you at your monthly meeting in May. I've been looking at 240's for a long time, but never had a chance to sit in one or take a ride in one that was fully sorted out. Need a taste for the end goal, before I pick my own up. Hoping there are a few good examples you guys could share with me.

I'll be living in Milford by then, and ultimately be staying in the area for quite a while. Looking forward to meeting everyone. If anyone wants to go out of there way by showing me their Z I would take them up on that offer pretty much any time. I'm pretty certain it will be my next car, but I'll take all the info I can get prior to purchasing one.

Ultimately the goal will be a 240z, most likely ending with a rebuilt L28, carb choice still unclear (don't have carb tuning experience yet). Swap in a 5 spd and a rear diff, and sort out the suspension/braking. I'll be big on solid body work, so most of my upfront budget will be getting a prime example or something recently structurally restored but possibly not yet mechanically (I can do that work myself over time)

Mostly I just want to see/hear one in person and have it get the blood flowing. I look forward to it.

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:18 am 

Hi Dave Welcome to the obsession
I'm in Orange and when my car's ready in a few weeks you're welcome to see it anytime.
We also have a 2003 bugeye WRX Wagon that's slightly modified, it's my wife's DD.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:04 pm 

Icewilly,

Welcome to the club and to the Z car passion.

Here's a little video that will get you blood flowing a bit. Z belongs to a club member who shall remain nameless...

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjpmkfdnNvI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:22 pm 

Thanks all, def looking to come out to the New Haven meet in a few weeks. I'll have my Subaru with me, but hopefully you can overlook the non Z badge for now.

Cheers