Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:55 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hello and Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:28 pm 

Just wanted to formally say Hello to all. I met most at last years outing/picnic but I got around to registering yesterday since you were gracious enough to recognize my Dad's car Sunday with an award and I am out of state(NJ)and South at that.
My name is Rick, last name starts with a Z so it's a no brainer as to why I have the car( It found me actually). Acquired the car when my father passed away 2 and a half years ago. '86 2+2 NA. He purchased new when he retired. It was his DD. He always had a "Hot" car. I find it difficult to limit my use of the car I just love driving it anywhere and everywhere.
I never owned a Datsun/Nissan prior to this and was ignorant of most of the history although I was aware and a fan of Sharp/Newman racing (sort of). I just liked cars in general and had my share. '71Camaro, '73 or 4 whatever the first year was Triumph TR7(disaster of a car), '83Mustang, '75 Trans Am, but one of my favorites was the '77 Ford Fiesta Don't know why I loved that car so much.
In any event I am impressed with CTZCC because of it's members. I hope to see you all again in Oct. and although I can't say I will make any monthly meetings I plan on the show and picnic as regular events.

Post subject: Re: Hello and Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 pm 

Well Rick, that's one of the happiest New Member Intros I've read in a long time! Glad you're with us and glad you made it to our show on Sunday and REALLY glad your Dad's Z (now yours) earned some significant recognition! Congratulations!
So, you were blessed with perfect weather for two long trips that day (CT and back home) and a trophy! Makes for good bar stories, and it's always rewarding to know other people appreciate your Z the way you do. :thumbs_up: Well done, sir!

Welcome aboard, and THANK YOU for bringing your beautiful '86ZX all the way up here to let us drool on it. I hope every one of our future events fall on your day off and you can attend many many more of them with us.

Z ya again soon ~
Frank T