Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:01 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: New Member from Monroe
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:47 pm 

Hello all, New member here from Monroe and a proud owner of a 1972 240z project car. Decided to finally join the club and forum after visiting Mr. Bedini's shop a couple of times. A little history on the car and myself. Have owned the car since about 2004 and let it sit in the garage until my urge to restore it has gotten stronger. Anyways automechanics is something totally new to me. So please bare with me until I get the hang of it.

Best regards,

Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:19 pm 

WELCOME, Bob! You're gonna have fun in here.
Our 400+ members range in experience from the first-car novice to professional Z mechanics and racers. Some of our guyz have owned two doZen Z cars, others only one, some are looking for their first Z.

Two of our forums should be of immediate interest to you; Restoration Tips and Tech Tips. We're all friendly in here and welcome any question (or advice) you might have.

Sure glad you already met our member Vinny Bedini! He's our Guru.

Would love to zee some pictures of your 240!

Frank T

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:45 pm 

Frank T wrote:
WELCOME, Bob! You're gonna have fun in here.
Our 400+ members range in experience from the first-car novice to professional Z mechanics and racers. Some of our guyz have owned two doZen Z cars, others only one, some are looking for their first Z.

Two of our forums should be of immediate interest to you; Restoration Tips and Tech Tips. We're all friendly in here and welcome any question (or advice) you might have.

Sure glad you already met our member Vinny Bedini! He's our Guru.

Would love to zee some pictures of your 240!

Frank T

Thank you for the warm welcome Frank!

I have a feeling that I will be spending most of my time on those threads ha.

Yea Vinny is a pretty cool guy. Had lots of cool cars to look at when I went for a visit. Had a Green 240Z, a 510, and was working on the #33 to get it ready for Adam C.

Pictures will come soon, need to finish cleaning out the garage. If it wasnt for my recent shoulder surgery I would have this dresser removed from the front of my car already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:41 am 

Please excuse the mess I cropped the pictures the best I could. Hah!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 822.97 KiB | Viewed 9092 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 am 

Back view

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 740.48 KiB | Viewed 9091 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:36 pm 

That looks like a complete car, in solid shape, and you wiZely have it up off the ground. You can actually get under it to work if needed (but jackstands are the only things to trust your life to).

That mirror snaps right back onto the clip, with a sharp blow (or repeated blows) from the heel of your palm. Don't be light about it ~ you won't break anything. You just have to get the angle right and smack it one good time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:00 pm 

My phone only allows one photo to upload at a time. So getting to the good part the rust!

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 900.3 KiB | Viewed 9079 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm 

Ahhh! A floorboard kit from BadDogParts will fix you up just fine. We'll put you in touch with our member John Jeffrey and let him tell you about the floor kits he makes for our cars. He does frame rails, too. Tell John you're a CTZCC member. That makes you guyz Z brothers and he'll help you however he can.

http://baddogparts.com/

It was great meeting you tonight, and you looked as if you were having a pretty good time each time I saw you. Lots of people talking to you and you looked like you enjoyed the racing. Hope you attend our future meetings and events and we can help you get that beauty back on the road.

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:31 pm 

Welcome to the restoration process Robert! Bring your bank account and leave your sanity at the door.

The floors look great BTW, kind of like owning a convertible but in your case the bottom is open in lieu of the top.

Kidding aside; if you don't mind redoing your interior in black I have pretty much everything you need from my own (abandoned) Z restoration project. (...I'm gonna make you an offer you can't refuse...) I also have the ventilation unit stripped & repainted, ditto for the fuel tank.

Tim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:30 pm 

Thanks Frank, I'm definitely in need of floorboards and rails. Along with the need for welding skills hah.

It was great meeting you as well. I sure did even saw two familiar faces. The racing looked great, will be on the track when I have both arms back. I'll be seeing everyone on the 26th for Bob Sharp day.

Tim, I'm not even sure what I want to redo on the 240 yet. I have plenty of plexi glass for the floor though :wink: anyways what I want to do to it is make it as safe and road worthy as possible. The interior is ok for now and not really interested in a full carpet. I like being surrounded by metal makes it feel like I'm in a real race car. The one thing I could see myself possibly replacing interior wise would be that fabric/insulation on the transmission tunnel..

Two rust holes behind driver seat

Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg [ 1022.5 KiB | Viewed 9062 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:01 pm 

Hi Robert,

It was great meeting you last night. Let me know when you are ready to tinker with your car, and if you need any help. Since I'm one town over it would be easy to lend a hand. I'll hit you up for the same when I get my car back with new floors (probably around September).

Paco Acosta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:22 pm 

It was great meeting you also. Thank you for the offer Paco, cant wait to see what your fabricator did to the car when you get it back. I can tell from your photos a lot has already been done to it.