Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:10 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:21 pm 

My name is Frank, I bought my first Z in the late 70's, it was a automatic 72 260Z w rotted out front fenders and rear bumper. I lived in Norwalk at the time and went down to Bob Sharp and ordered a new bumper and aftermarket fiberglass fenders. I then had the car repainted and it came out awsome. After many years including a few trips to Florida, the frame rails rotted out and made it undrivable, so I striped it down to the shell and sold the parts....I actually still have the original radiator and cowl stashed in my garage!

I then had a RX7 for a while but ended up buying a 84 300ZX, this was such a cool car, I loved how it "talked" with a womans voice. Shut the door...lights are on....low on fuel...ect. This was my all time favorite car, but I then got married, had a kid, and sold it for a mimivan. How sad is that!

Fast forward.....Kids all grown up........Time to have some fun again, So last year I came accross a 2017 low milage 370Z Sport. 2 weeks later it was sitting in my garage! So far I upgraded the exhaust, changed the clutch return spring, and soundproofed the rear hatch area. Life is good.

Thanks for allowing me to join the club

Frank Coniglio

Attachments:
2017370z.jpg
2017370z.jpg [ 162.66 KiB | Viewed 5851 times ]
84300z.jpg
84300z.jpg [ 54.52 KiB | Viewed 5851 times ]
72260z.jpg
72260z.jpg [ 67.97 KiB | Viewed 5851 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:03 pm 

Thanks for joining the club and sharing your Z stories Frank!

So many of us have such a love and history with these cars that I feel we should make it a point to have more members share their stories in upcoming meetings.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:51 pm 

Greetings Frank, and thanks for taking us all on that walk down your Memory Lane. So here's a man whose entire adult life has been surrounded by Z cars ~ just more evidence that the smartest people are named Frank 8) .

I'm really impressed at how your 370 pops in that yellow! Wow. Puts a Fly-yellow Porsche or Ferrari to shame! That gal who whispered in your ear about everything you did wrong in the 300ZX is named Betty. We'll explain when we meet you, and some of our 300ZX owners will let you listen to her all over again.

You are certainly correct that your old S30 was a 260, but it was a 1974/75 because that's the only 18 months the USA got them. They were actually built in two separate designs; first with lightweight 240Z bumpers and carburetors, then with the 200lb "park bench" bumpers and fuel injection.
They were very unique cars and deserved to have been kept longer, but Datsun was in a hurry to introduce their mighty 280Z to the USA, so the 260 got a very brief lifespan here. Other countries (Australia) kept the 260 for years and years. The 260 engine was almost perfectly "square" (nearly the same bore and stroke), which allowed it to rev about 1,000rpm higher than either the 240 or the 280 would without blowing apart.

I hope we get to meet you and zee that brilliant 370 at the upcoming Thompson Motorsports Park fun run later this month.

And I'm really glad to hear that life has allowed you to circle back around to enjoy the fun of owning a Z again!

Frank T