Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:02 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: My '70 240Z
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:43 pm 

Hello all,

Thought I'd introduce myself. I'm from Jacksonville, FL and just picked up my 1970 240z this weekend. It is a 3/70 production series 1. The attached picture is from when I was picking it up in South Carolina.

I have been a life long Z car fan and have owned everything from a 240z through to the last gen 300zx. Back in the early '90s I had another 1970 240z that I used as a daily driver. I didn't have the time or money to fix it up and it was pretty rough when I donated it to the local Sheriff's Foundation. I have always regretted not keeping that car and now that I'm able to afford to fix one up decided to keep an eye out for a 1970 close enough to pick up. Took a few months but now I have it and although it needs some work it is a good base to start from.

Turns out that I brought this Z back home. I was fortunate enough to get the original owners manual and warranty book with the car and it was originally sold here in Jacksonville a couple miles from my home.

Looking forward to being a part of this group,
Brian
Pinmaniac

Attachments:
240z 2.jpg
240z 2.jpg [ 936.57 KiB | Viewed 5090 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm 

Welcome Brian! Very nice 240Z!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:49 pm 

Welcome Brian, and what a beautiful car! From 15ft it looks perfect (and you have the proper wheels on it too, in my opinion).

How did you learn the car was available? Did you trailer it home or drive it?

As you and I have discussed, there are very few 1970 Z cars remaining in the world today. Yours has a very good head start at being an excellent representative of the model year (altho someone has removed the 240Z "wings" from the aft pillar). As far as you can tell, is it stock?

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:42 pm 

Frank T wrote:
Welcome Brian, and what a beautiful car! From 15ft it looks perfect (and you have the proper wheels on it too, in my opinion).

How did you learn the car was available? Did you trailer it home or drive it?

As you and I have discussed, there are very few 1970 Z cars remaining in the world today. Yours has a very good head start at being an excellent representative of the model year (altho someone has removed the 240Z "wings" from the aft pillar). As far as you can tell, is it stock?

Frank T

It looks pretty good from 5 feet and not bad up close. It is definitely driver condition - not show quality yet.

I found it on ebay and convinced the seller to add a buy-it-now to the auction. I trailered it home. Unfortunately I don't have an enclosed trailer and it rained all the way home.

It is mostly stock. The 240Z emblems were moved from the aft pillar to the front fenders for some reason. Whoever painted it also filled in the vents on the hatch - grrrrrr. The correct color for the car is Orange (code 918). Once the paint on it starts to go I'll redo the car in the correct color and cut the vents out. It came with a few spare parts in bags and a car cover. Other than these minor cosmetic modifications it seems to be stock down to the original working factory radio.

Brian
Pinmaniac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:40 pm 

The rear hatch vents eventually let exhaust fumes into the cabin, which was not a good thing to live with. They did away with the hatch vents in Feb71, I think. The side-pillar vents worked far better but they sacrificed the distinctive 240Z "wings" which distinguished the very early cars from all the others.

I've never even heard of anyone mounting those 'wings' on the fenders (where it's supposed to have "DATSUN" script), so your car is visibly unique. Congratulations! You have a one-of-a-kind 240Z! :thumbs_up: :mrgreen: