Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: The "Hot" Z
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:20 am 

Hello all!
I guess its time for a formal introduction.

I am the owner of the stolen, and since recovered, '72 S30.
I was pointed here by my wife who some of you contacted via Craigs List after she posted about the theft. Your support was outstanding and I cant wait to be a member of your organization.

Im and Active Duty Chief Petty Officer (E7) in the US Coast Guard, currently stationed in Boston Ma, but living in East Providence RI. Ive owned 240s on and off since I could drive. I first fell in love with the Zs at about 13 when I found a picture of my dads old 240 he had tricked out in the 70s. That was all it took. Both of my parents owned Zs in the day (mom had a 260) so it was a natural fit as my first car. A rusted out, beat up 240! Growing up in Tampa, FL they were easy enough to come by. I loved her right into the ground!

Ive moved up in the Z world since then. Wife surprised me with my current Z when I came home from a deployment for one of our anniversaries. She needs some work getting back on the road after the theft, but here she is in her Hay Day when we were stationed in Key West, FL.

"Old Speeder" as my son named her when he was 5.
All original for the most part. Engine was rebuit by the previous owner, and they did a fantastic job with it. Carbs redone by Z Therapy, etc. This car runs better than any automobile Ive ever owned. Ive never had any difficulties with it other than routine things like bad fuel pumps.

Attachments:
DSC05415.jpg
DSC05415.jpg [ 61.66 KiB | Viewed 5723 times ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:26 am 

It's hard to express how happy we were that you got Old Speedster back. It's like losing a family member when a Z is stolen (or sold!)

Take your time getting your car back the way you want it. Do it right, budget your projects so you can still afford to keep everybody fed and living indoors. But do it. Let us help whenever possible ~ you need parts? Ask! Lots of us are tripping over garages full of spare Z parts and your Z story has galvaniZed us to help get you back on the road.

Expect to zee you in the coming Zeason. Yeah, you're kinda far away, but some of our members drive a lot longer to reach our meetings and events. There are several active Z owners in RI who drive to us, so you could caravan with them. There's strength in Z numbers and it's loads more fun riding with a few old S-30s together than driving alone.

Beautiful car. Very glad you got it back. Bravo Zulu.

Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:54 pm 

I spent the last 4 years of my life FOUR HOURS from the nearest Wal Mart.
The drive to CT aint so bad.

Ill be at the next event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:21 pm 

SCLOBERNOCKER47 wrote:
Ill be at the next event.

WAHOO!!

I live in Boston during the school year, hopefully we run into each other sometime!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 pm 

Welcome :thumbs_up: :!: