Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:33 pm 

It's great to find this site,there is nothing better then to read through a brand new archives on my favorite subject, Zs.
I have been a fan of Z cars since I was 10 years old, that would be 1970 the year they came to Vancouver where I grew up. 40 odd years later I bought my first 240Z and have now almost finished the resto/mod on it. For anyone interested here is the build thread,http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-s30-z-discussions/48360-240z-rebuild-restoration-right-down-shell.html
Looking forward to talking with guys and maybe coming down to some of your events during the summer.
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:06 pm 

Hey Chris - Welcome!!! I see your posts all the time on Classic Z Cars. Distance has prevented me from personally meeting this bunch but I can tell you they are both welcoming and extremely helpful. There is a strong interest and base of knowledge in the S30 series in this club. You'll fit right in. :wink:

Jim

ZCON 2015 Gold Cup - Street Modified class

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:52 pm 

Welcome, Chris! Always good to get another Canadian in here (especially with car #01955!).

We have two members from B.C., one from Whistler and another (Merlin Blackwell) who wrote great articles for Nissan Sport Magazine until they found more lucrative employment.

We also have one young Canadian from Calgary area who is serving your armed forces and studying in Ontario now, just above Rochester NY.

I viewed your excellent 1970 Z project and am maybe more excited about it than you are ( :lol: ). One reaZon is that your VIN is missing from Carl Beck's national (USA) Z registry, and this is an opportunity to account for it.

Can you pleaZe consider adding your car to this list:

http://www.zhome.com/IZCC/ZRegisters/classic.htm

so Carl can help the world determine just how many 1969-70 240Zs are left?

It's heartwarming to zee someone put an S30 on a rotisserie and take it down to the bare metal. Some of us in here have done that, with excellent results.

It's not impossible for us all to meet you! I have driven my '70 Z (02807) across the USA twice and across Canada (Vancouver to Niagara Falls) once. A few insignificant parts fall off along the way, but it gives you memories which last a lifetime.

Too bad you can't be with us tmrw morning ~ we're having our day-long Annual Fall Outing free picnic and would have really enjoyed meeting you!

PleaZe be active on here, and share your successes and failures with us. We try to learn from both.

Send our Best to Ted. (Keith, send Chris a picture of "W".)

Z ya soon ~
Frank T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:43 am 

Welcome!