Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:27 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hi
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:16 pm 

Hi Gang,

I’m new to this group but I’m a member of many other car & motorcycle forums.

I’m your average middle-aged (or a little older than middle-aged) car nut from back in the day when muscle cars weren’t small fortunes to hide in the Cayman Islands and everyone in my high school had everything from 57 Chevy's to fully blown Dodge Charger's that would put Vin Diesel’s from Fast and the Furious to shame……..

I’ve owned close to 40 cars in my lifetime, and most of them have been American muscle cars with the occasional Datsun sports car thrown in for good measure.

I actually really love the linear pulling power and torque from the older Nissan straight six’s and I’m on my third Z-Car now, a 1977 Datsun 280Z.

I started wrenching on cars before I could learn to read or write so I have many, many years worth of what I call: “old-school common sense” and I love learning new things.

Looking forward to picking all of your brains while I restore my latest toy……..cheers…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:44 pm 

["I actually really love the linear pulling power and torque from the older Nissan straight six’s and I’m on my third Z-Car now, a 1977 Datsun 280Z"].

You're VERY welcome here!

Glad you found us. Hope we can be of some use to you as you rebuild your 280. I read your other Post about garage space and hope something comes up for you. I'm beginning to believe our Club needs a clubhouse. with about 10 bays and lifts in it. :)

We'd love to zee your Z. Do you have any pictures to share?

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:33 pm 

Thanks Frank,

Attached are pictures of my car at the previous owner’s home before I brought it home.

As you can see she's all there but definitely needs some TLC to be brought back from the brink of the grave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:47 am 

Well, you're certainly steps ahead of some of us already. We've had new-joins come in here with completely disassembled cars which were missing parts. Yours appears to be intact (apart from the front bumper) and functional, and I don't zee any severe rust from here. We've had members join us at the moment they bought their first Z, and ask us to go with them to retrieve it from somebody's back lot or field. They're driving them today and having a lot of satisfaction from the time they've spent rebuilding them.

I zee your car has been converted from fuel injection to the single 4Bbl carb. We've had several members swap the FI unit out in favor of a 4Bbl or the old SUs. You'll hear lots of talk about that from other members when they discover you've joined us.

I have to comment on your intake manifold. I don't recogniZe the one on your car ~ who makes it, do you know?

And your Z photos included a PhotoBucket account which showed a self-manufactured Z intake. Do you fabricate intakes, or know someone who does? I have a very intense interest in an intake project I would like to try.

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:30 am 

And you should be aware of this and come meet us!

http://forums.ctzcc.com/viewtopic.php?t=7781

Frank

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:29 am 

WELCOME to the best Z club on the planet :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:36 am 

Frank, looks like an Arizona Z Car 4 barrel intake manifold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:44 am 

It is an Arizona Z manifold, and welcome, nothing like bone raw power without all the wires. :D Also about 200 lbs lighter without the bumpers, :P and looks good with the ZX rims as well.