Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Forums

Username:  
Password:  
Log me on automatically each visit
Register 
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am
Welcome to the Connecticut Z Car Club Discussion Forums   
If you have trouble logging in or encounter any issues, please send an email to webmaster@ctzcc.com.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:39 pm 

Frank, I did not know about the numbers. That is awesome! :thumbs_up:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:51 pm 

Duuudde..... for many reaZons, you are driving the world's most-popular GT car, ever. 8)

I suspect Nissan spent more effort on making the ZX interiors ergonomically perfect, than any other car manufacturer ever did, and especially at that price. I've sat in Rolls Royces (alright ~ in the back with the mustard jar, but still...) and wasn't as comfortable as in the passenger seat of a ZX. And the Japanese engineered your car to fit EVERYBODY; 6 foot Americans, 5 foot Japanese and Scandinavian Viking giants. You can adjust everything in your interior to perfectly fit your body, and you can reach *almost* everything in the car with your seatbelt still hooked.

I've owned other sports cars which were simply not built for the human body. They cornered like trains on rails and sounded wonderful, but they cost an armload of cash to buy, leaked when it rained, (MGB) broke their engines (Austin Healey) or set fire to their own seats when I used the heater (Porsche) and I had to throw myself out of the car onto the street in order to get out of them.

Your ZX is a pleasure to sit in. It's a private little luxury world all your own. The only car I've ridden in which was more comfortable was an old Citroen DS, and they had pneumatic suspension and cost about 10 times the price of your Z. I've driven my 240Z cross-country a few times and it was hard on my back, but your ZX would have cradled me like a baby.

The ZX body is aerodynamically superior to the old (more popular) 240/260/280 S-30 body shell. Nissan wind-tunneled your car until you hardly get any wind noise when you push it down the hiway. Many will say the older S-30 cars look better, but to a wind tunnel, your ZX looks nearly perfect. I forget the exact drag coefficient figures for it, but the car actually becomes more aerodynamically stable the faster it goes. Try that with a Porsche.

Face it pal, you drive a winner. You should be plenty proud of that beauty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:15 pm 

It is always a great joy to drive it. I got told tonight by my other half I am not allowed to touch it until her truck goes on the road. So now every night after work I am on to her truck. The last time I had it out I had a guy put a note on the windshield offering to buy it from me. I kept it in my glove box, but still not ready to let it go. I still wonder who that guy was though. :D